Friday, March 31, 2017

Ahh, Friday Night!

Hold onto your hats! No fainting allowed, just because there appears to be a second post in only a week! (I say "appears to be" because I have only started to write and I wonder if I will really finish a post. If you're reading, then there actually IS a second post in less than a week, and wonders will never cease!) It just seems like a bloggy kind of night. It's been overcast and drippy all day. Not quite enough to listen to rain drops on the roof, but pretty close to perfection anyway. I have a cup of tea, I just caught up with all my notes for the first time all week, I have a candle going, and it is just one of those quiet and content sorts of nights over here.

Ooh! One of the reasons to be feeling good was the food tonight! Okay, you know those meals that technically don't have meat, but you still feel guilty eating them on a Friday in Lent because they just taste so dang good? This is definitely one of those meals. I know that Lent is wrapping up quickly, but if you need some Friday ideas, check it out! I definitely used clams instead of kippers (because what the heck are kippers??) I found some fish stock, so I used that, but I would guess it would also turn out well with vegetable broth. I do NOT recommend it for your larger meal on Good Friday, it is not penitential enough! ;)

The forecast for tomorrow is a lot more drippy wetness (thankfully!) I'm so glad to see the rain, that I don't even mind it usurping a Saturday. It also means that my plans for tomorrow are really limited. I do plan to hit up the climbing gym, but since my notes are done and I have leftovers that need to be eaten, I don't have to do quite as much of my usual cooking and catch up stuff. I get to sleep until I wake up tomorrow morning, and then get out of bed when I good and well feel ready and I'm done reading whatever it is that I decide to read. Those kinds of mornings certainly don't happen a lot, but they are lovely when they do!

I wish I could show you a video of my little niece and nephew. They're twins that are about 16 months old right now. She's running around trying to "tickle" him (which is mostly poking from what I can see) but there is a lot of giggling on both sides and, yes, I am a complete sucker for those two, why do you ask?

Beyond that, I am not sure what it is (because I have a bad habit of starting too many things at once when the allergies kick up, so I don't know what, if anything, is helping) but something sure seems to be helping! After a week like I had last week, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for my airways to calm down enough to be able to do a really hard workout. This time it was just under a week, and I was riding my bike outside yesterday, which often flares things up. I haven't changed my meds, but I found the real deal local honey a few weeks ago, and I have been consistently having some of that. I have also been supplementing magnesium, which is needed for a lot of things, but apparently good for the airways. Makes sense. But I got to push really hard on the bike at the gym this morning and my legs were begging for mercy before my lungs were, and I didn't even have to use my inhaler!

Hmm, apparently a couple of the neighborhood dogs are not feeling the contentment tonight. There must be some sort of critter out there riling them up. I think the bears are stirring already, but they don't seem to be bear-level of upset, and I don't smell skunk, so maybe a raccoon?

Well, my tea is gone, and it's starting to feel late. Time for me to do a little stretching and head for bed. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an almost perfect evening! I am glad your allergies are calming down a bit. Oh a kipper is a smoked fish that is very popular in England ;) I only know this because we have been watching "Escape to the Country" on Netflix. The show takes place in England and they show the most beautiful and country/rural parts of it.

    ReplyDelete