Sunday, July 31, 2016

After 12 Weeks...

Been a while! I'm honestly not sure that anyone will read this, but I'm going to write it. Minimizing this blog for a few weeks was really helpful to me. It helped me to see that this little space still has a part for me. This is just a good place for me to think through certain things that I can't really bring up in other places. I am not promising regular posts or anything crazy like that, but I am not ready to give up this space.

I will say, however, that I was reminded immediately one of the reasons that I had trouble writing posts even before taking a break. I don't know if it's Blogger, or my internet or my computer or what, but getting on here can be a ridiculous undertaking sometimes! It'll take forever to load, if it ever does. It doesn't like to save my draft if I finally do get on here, and it's very difficult to get pictures loaded. In general, sometimes it will take so long that if I have a few minutes to type out a few thoughts, those minutes will be rapidly eaten by glitches in the system.

Anyway, if the silly site will let me, I will still try to blog occasionally. I'm still going to keep my hiking blog (which would also be updated more if Blogger wasn't such a pain in the butt!). I did like switching to my email being forwarded and following blogs through my other email. It means that I only have to log into this one if I actually want to blog. And it allowed me to weed out blogs that I am no longer following. I would be better about following and reading, but see above for issues with Blogger loading! Hopefully, I will be able to do a little catch up soon.

Other than that, I am just sitting here trying to recover from a crazy backpacking trip. My mosquito bites are making me crazy! I have a topical cream to help with the itching and it kind of does, but then they just start itching all over again. I hate it!  Okay, more later. Just because I am behind, what am I missing? What have you been up to?

***
Grr! Just to cement my frustrations, after clicking "publish" 10+ times, it refuses to actually publish! This is why I rarely blog anymore!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you'll still be posting here at least every once in a while.

    The posting problems sound beyond frustrating. I can't say that I've had similar problems.

    Good luck with the bug bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Backpacking trip? Where did you go? Not a lot of updates here, just a few beach trips, trying to get back to blogging more myself, and (as of this morning) trying to live the St. Francis prayer (the whole love more than be loved thing). Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you! Ugh tech issues are the worst. I haven't had problems but then again I haven't been blogging lately either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear from you! Ugh tech issues are the worst. I haven't had problems but then again I haven't been blogging lately either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiking blog?! How did I miss that? I have not blogged in awhile either due to lack of time and focus. I hope to hear more about your backpacking trip! Hopefully those bug bites go away soon!

    ReplyDelete