Thursday, August 20, 2015

Happy Friday Eve!

Did this week go really fast, or was that just me? Tomorrow's looking a little crazy, but it's Friday, so I just have to get through it and weekend will be waiting on the other said. I'm going to do this Quick Takes-ish because I don't want to wait until tomorrow. (Because all my computer time will be sucked up by boring paperwork is why.) I'm not going to worry about numbers, let's just see what happens!

1) I started some new continuing education. It's a little different than some that I've done in that it's not technically continuing ed. That is, it's not official enough for me to count it towards my hours, but I'm doing okay in that regard, so I'm not too worried. It is very important for the direction that I want to go right now. Good news is that I have to practice it on myself first. I'm getting some awesome stretching and movement in!

2) My package of materials for the "class" came yesterday, and it was very exciting on a lot of levels.
     -Learning
     -New books to read! (And learning)
     -New equipment that is not necessary for the stretching, but helps.
     -Some of the new equipment was purple!
     -Also, bubble wrap

3) Apparently I have a thing for purple. I've probably talked about this before. I know I'm drawn to it, but while I was out climbing today, I noticed that I was wearing a purple shirt, pulling things out of my purplish backpack, trading my hiking shoes with purple accents to my climbing shoes- also purple. I might have a purple problem! Except that it's purple, so how could that possibly be a problem? Yes, my harness also has purple, but it kind of doesn't count, because it's not the GOOD purple. Oh, hey! I have photographic evidence of this issue. It's from a different day, but same shirt (good purple). You can't really see the shoes, but trust me on this one.



4) There is a small possibility that a friend might be stopping through tomorrow night on her way out of town. This is awesome, but I did NOT get my house as clean as I would like today. She doesn't care. Her husband, however, is German. Order and efficiency, people! Not that he would ever make a big deal because he's a nice guy. He probably wouldn't even really care, because he's more concerned about his own house rather than someone else's. It's me. I care. Not enough to make it perfect, but I would like it a little better. I think that I would have heard by now if they were actually coming, so I doubt it will matter. Still maybe it will motivate me to do some straightening tomorrow morning before I leave for work, just in case. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have the house somewhat straightened going into the weekend!

5) It is really amazing what a few days, some fermented stuff, some bone broth and minimal sugar can do for a person. I don't know exactly how it all fits, but I can tell you that allergens are high, air is smoky, and I can still breathe. It's a wonderful thing. I went from inflammation and all kinds of crazy to things are feeling pretty good. It's weird to me that I did not have to use my inhaler as much this week, because usually the smoke will get me no matter how good I'm being. I'm not complaining, mind you! I'm just trying to figure out if I'm doing something really right that I'll want to replicate, or whether it's a really fantastic fluke.

6) Okay a couple of quick prayer requests. One is for my brother and SIL. They are expecting twins, awesome! The twins are already trying to give their parents gray hair by attempting to come WAY early. They are old enough and big enough that if they come, the NICU will take them, so that is a big plus. However, if they can stay put for another 1-3 months, it would be a far, far better thing, and obviously they would have a much better chance. Last I heard things had calmed down a bit, but it's still a day to day waiting game. (Now that I think about it, as B. is obviously on bed rest now for the next few months, I wanted to send her a care package. Any ideas of what to include? Honestly, I don't know her well enough to know a lot of specifics. I was going to mainly focus on an Amazon gift card so she could get books or movies of her choice, but any other thoughts?)

My other prayer request is work. I'm really excited about some things that I want to try, but I'm running into a some small roadblocks (honestly, mostly mental ones and thinking I'm a little nuts and can it really work?) I'm not sure exactly where to go next, but I really don't want to fizzle out for the most stupid reason of all, which would be not trying.

Okay, doing anything fun this weekend? Because it almost is weekend! (And two whole posts in just one week! On fire over here, people! But not like the West Coast, thankfully.)

5 comments:

  1. Praying! Also, yay for bubble wrap and all things purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubble wrap is awesome! I still love the stuff :) I have more recently become a fan of purple. I was never a fan before but once I hit my late 20s early 30s it became more appealing. I'd call it maturity and wisdom? I am glad your inflammation is down. I need to make me some bone broth soon to help with mine. Praying for your brother, SIL and the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is my favorite color too!

    Will be praying for your SIL and the babies! As far as a care package I would check with your brother as far as your SIL favorite snacks and perhaps a favorite magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're feeling better and coming up with new ways to stretch your life. (pun intended)

    You need to go see Shaun the Sheep! We saw it on Saturday and had the best time. He's just so much fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is SO your color! I even notice now that it's heavily featured on your blog. ;) I imagine that's no coincidence. Glad life is going well!

    ReplyDelete