1) It's Friday! I'm excited for Friday, just because. I hopefully should be out on a great hike with friends this weekend (though weather might make the plans change; this is life.) I think I'm also more excited because I feel a little less overwhelmed with life. There's a lot going on, but I'm chugging through, you know?
2) One of the things that I think is helping with feeling less overwhelmed is the whole budgeting thing. I've been at it one week and one day, and it's not like there have been any magic new savings in that time. In fact, I actually had to spend a lot more money than I expected to this week. But it was okay, because I knew exactly what I had, I knew where it was coming from, and I felt like I had control of things. It was a decision that I made weighing all of the reasons for it, I had the money for it, and it was worth it. I
3) I should really be in bed by now, but I'm not. If it was just the blog keeping me up, I'd like to think that I would have canned it by now. Instead, I was working on the never ending paperwork that is part of my job. It's done now, and I can not think about it for 2 whole days. I'm finally learning to suck it up and do it the night of. Since I'm a morning person, sometimes I wait to finish the morning after, but then it sucks some of the joy out of a day off. This way, I don't have to do any of it until Monday. It's a great feeling! You know what that means? Maybe I can start on taxes this weekend. Joy!
4) Okay, my paperwork's done, so now I'm getting tired, so I'm just going to skip this one.
5) And maybe this one, because I'm a big huge cheater.
6) I heard an interesting assignment the other day, where people were given an essay where the topic was "If you could talk to a million people what would you tell them?" I think it's a fascinating question, and I want to know what your answer would be.
7) A couple of weeks ago, I got a chance to be out for a pretty fantastic sunrise.
|Sky's on fire!|