Okay, I was going to talk about some other stuff, too, but let's go straight for Prayer Buddies, because it's BACK! I'm so excited, you guys! I have missed doing this and I am very thankful that Donna has taken it on. Go here if you would like to join in. I have to say that I really enjoy being able to have a focus like someone to pray for during the Advent season. It is not easy, but it is beautiful to get a chance to possibly "meet" a new blogger or to get to pray very specifically for someone that you have gotten to know along the way. It is a very special thing to be able to walk with people in a special way like this, and to be a part of their journey in whatever is going on in their lives. And it is open to anyone that's interested, not just bloggers.
Beyond that, what else?
Well, on a bit of a downer side to things. Yesterday, my neck and back started to tighten up like crazy and I wasn't sure why. I personally think that it was a combination of things, but I really do wonder if part of it was the deluge of Christmas decorations and music. Not that I don't love Christmas, but the holidays for the last 8-10 years have been such a mix of joy and pain that it does make me a little tense. I will say that this fall has been a little lonelier for me than some for a variety of reasons, and thinking about how craptastic the holiday season can be at times... Let's just say fear and tension have begun to creep in a bit.
On the upside, I was able to get a massage appointment on short notice for tomorrow, so that should help things out a lot. It's a new massage therapist, and I'm picky, so we'll see how it goes, but at least I should be able to move again. I'm excited about the possibility of finding a new therapist outside of where I work. Our massage therapists are out of this world amazing, but it can be a little hard to get in as an employee, and plus I love the idea of not going in to my place of work on my day off. Yes, I'll pay a little more without my employee discount, but I don't really care right now.
Oh my goodness! I had the BEST workout today! I'm sorry that I bore you all the time with talking about things like spin class, but it really was amazing. We did a really tough workout, and on the last drill, I couldn't push my cardio system like I wanted to because my legs were DONE. It is so miserable to work that hard, and so awesome to focus and work as hard as you can and leave it all in the gym. Yes! Plus, I love the endorphins.
Okay, I need to run. Have a wonderful day and seriously think about joining up with Prayer Buddies. It's amazing!
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Monday, November 3, 2014
Then I had my first acupuncture visit. It was interesting. There was a lot of stuff that she was catching, sometimes before I said it. That always gives some credence to what someone was saying. She thinks I have a "leaky gut". Ya think? No shock there! She also thinks that I may be a little vitamin D deficient and low on electrolytes. I hadn't really thought about it, but given what I know about me, it makes a lot of sense. One that she said that surprised me was that she thinks that I may be a little insulin resistant. Now that one did surprise me. The symptoms that she mentioned are symptoms that I have, and I wouldn't have been shocked on my diet and activity levels a few years ago, but now it's a little more surprising.
I admit, I'm stressing a little, because it's kind of expensive and work is slow right now, which is also stressing me out. Then, when I get like that, I get all depressed that I'm still single and there's no one else to help take the pressure off. Certainly, this has not been an all bad day, but I think that some Little Happies might help smooth out the rough spots a bit.
1) One thing that I'm happy about is that even though it's expensive, I have the test kit for food sensitivity. I've been thinking that that would be a really good thing. It's already ridiculous the number of things that I have to cut out and it seems like there are things that are still bothering me (like eggs) and I don't want to avoid things that I could be eating and eat things that are making it worse. Let's just figure it out!
2) Okay, this was interesting. Since I'm in my mid thirties and single, the acupuncturist brought up the fact that you could freeze your eggs so that if you met someone when you were 40 you could still have kids if you want. (It seems that they work a lot with fertility, but obviously in conjunction with ART, which is weird to me because how UN-holistic can you get? It may eventually be a deal breaker for whether I continue there or with someone else, but for now we'll see how it goes.) Anyway, the happy part of all of that is that 1) I don't have to spend any time at all twisting my brain around that and whether I should do such a thing. Being Catholic, that is a no. 2) I was REALLY happy that it didn't even really bother me. Not the implication that I may not have kids if I didn't take extraordinary measures, not the reminder that I am getting older without kids. I just had peace that it is what it is. I'll meet someone or I won't. I'll have kids or I won't. It did not bother me that this decision was out of my hands, because as much as I would love kids, I love that this is about loving children more than I love myself and more than my own desires for kids. Plus, doing something like that is grasping hard for control, and it's only an illusion. It guarantees nothing.
Obviously, I still don't love the single thing and it's actually been kind of painful off and on in the last month, but there is peace, too, and that makes me happy.
3) On to other things, I had a nice hike Saturday, and it felt good to be out.
4) I had a group video chat with my entire family yesterday, and that was fun. We talked for 2 hours, and then my parents and my brother hung up. My sisters and I didn't plan it, but we didn't hang up and ended up talking for another 3 hours. I know! Absolutely ridiculous! But it was fun, and while we can't get everyone on the same time frame every weekend, I'm sure we'll try for it again sometime.
5) There was snow in the air today! I loved it! I'm actually ready for some colder temperatures and I'm actually a little sad it's supposed to warm up later this week. However, I'll enjoy the cold for tonight!
Head over to Stephanie's for more Little Happies!