Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 in 12 Photos

Too many photos! How on earth can I possibly narrow it down to 12??? Yet, I'm going to try.

I've been feeling quite introspective lately. Part of that is my nature. Part of that is a little extra time since I didn't travel for Christmas. Anyway, the introspection is simply leading to the realization once again that my life is pretty amazing. Looking back on 2014's photos certainly reaffirms that.

I heard that the rule is that it's my blog and there are no particular rules. So even though you would think that 12 photos would equate to one photo for each month, that is not going to happen for me. I chose 12 photos for the year. There was no logic in these particular photos other than they were great memories of the last year.


Out cross country skiing
Two cross country skiing photos? Yes. Because I've enjoyed it a lot, and I'm just starting the new season and I'm all excited about it right now.
I love new days, and the sense of a new beginning. Just like this time of year!
From a wonderful weekend spent with blogging friends!
From the ghost town this summer. That "person" is a mannequin head, and it was a little creepy and a lot funny. 
Because I love being on the tops of peaks where you can touch the clouds (or at least it looks like you could)
Again with the new days and new beginnings.
This hike was a tough one for me for a couple of reasons, but even though it made me angry at the time, I love looking back on the photos now and knowing that I made it.
My birthday moose
From our bike tour in Germany. 

Sunset in the Midwest at Thanksgiving.

Christmas squirrel

Linking up with Dwija and Co.



-->

9 comments:

  1. These are great, M! You should sell prints of your photography. I would buy them! Especially that 3rd one down. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS photos, as usual. Moose(s) are my favorite animal and I've always wanted to "meet" one...so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I hope 2015 is full of many more beautiful moment for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful, beautiful photos! You have a great eye for capturing beauty in an interesting way. Love them all and the picture of the Observatory is a nice reminder of a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post from a beautiful soul!!! Wishing you many blessings in 2015!!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! The tower, #4, is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful! What camera/lens are you using to capture such beauty??

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect link up for you! The photos you chose are gorgeous, but it could have predicted they would be.
    I've never been cross country skiing. I imagine I would like it a whole lot more than downhill. Perhaps we'll travel somewhere it is popular someday and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!!!! Putting up my calendar today!!!

    ReplyDelete