Thursday, September 4, 2014

Where Light Meets the Darkness

This summer has been a lot going on, and a lot to process. I suppose that's part of why there are fewer posts on here than normal. I know that there have been a lot more people that are much more closely affected by all of the tragedies going on around me; my heart hurts for them more than me in many ways. I think in a lot of ways, that has been the hardest part of the summer. So many people hurting so deeply, and not much that I can do for them. Then there's the reminder that there are no guarantees in life. That's kind of a scary prospect, and I admit that I've had some increased anxiety at times over the summer because of it. I'm working on letting go again, but there you have it.

Here's the thing that is amazing to me, though. Any time that I have been struggling with anything, there tend to be amazing graces in the midst of it. This summer is no different. Friends that are there and willing to step in with prayers, reminders that no matter what, even in death, there is grace. On this end, death and separation is awful and wrong. It wasn't supposed to be this way. But because of the cross, it is also a sign of hope for us, and a reminder that things will be better and it will not always be like this.

I guess what I'm saying is, in the midst of the storms and darkness, the light of grace is there as well. And where the light meets the darkness, there is a promise of hope, healing, and wholeness.

The promise where darkness and light collide.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, so this was EXACTLY what I needed to read just now. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for grace and hope. Even though i havent experienced the death of a loved one recently as the oldest i often feel stuck when i see "So many people hurting so deeply, and not much that I can do for them." in my siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see hope in rainbows as well...and this summer...I've seen more than usual. I don't know why I've taken notice of them...actually last month...I saw a double rainbow! So rare and just so cool. But you are right....there are no guarantees in life...but we do have one...and that is that God loves us and through suffering we will see light (which you mentioned). I know in time...I will look back and understand God's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful reflection! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to see others suffer, especially when there is seemingly so little we can do. Thankfully, just a simple "I'm praying for you" helps. I can do that.

    I'm glad you are finding the grace in the sorrow. Not everyone can do that.

    And, as always, what a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete