Monday, September 29, 2014

Little Happies



I'm still a little (to a lot) off kilter from traveling, but things are starting to get back to a semblance of normal. It's Monday, so I'm pretty sure that will help kick my butt back into gear. And I think that I should join in Little Happies to start off the week right.

1) Due to the fact that I have evaluated any new patients in the last couple of weeks, my schedule is light this week. I hope it doesn't last long, because I don't make money when I'm not seeing people, but I am planning to take full advantage of having a little extra time this week. For one, I'm hoping to get to daily Mass a little more this week.

2) I'm really excited that neither the bank account nor the scale took as bad of a hit as I thought they might. Numerous cheers for camping and hiking!

3) My friend in Europe and I have a new goal: to go biking in the Alps. This is ridiculous. I have only, EVER biked in the flatlands. Sure, there are hills, but that is a whole different thing than biking in the mountains. Biking up steep grades for miles? Having to actually have decent control of the bike? Seriously, I haven't been outside on a bike much in the last 10-15 years. I corner like Great Uncle Bob in his boat of a Cadillac turning into the local coffee shop. I do not belong on a bike in the Alps, but it's not going to stop me from trying. We're going to give ourselves 2 years to prepare, and I'm already loving the idea of such a specific challenge to work towards! It made me push even harder in my spin class this morning.

4) Okay, I don't know what else to add right now, so let's go with some European pictures that make me happy, okay? (Btw, if you are on the Book of Faces with me, or follow my photo blog, these may be some repeats. Too bad!)

Yep, castles are ALWAYS a happy!
5)

Yep, the Austrian Alps also make me happy.
6)

Liechtenstein. It's really fun to be able to say that I've been to Liechtenstein, even if we just drove through.
7)

There were a lot of cows in the Alps. Some were really cute. Not this one, but I still like the photo.
Head over to Stephanie's for more and to link up your own moments of happiness from the last week.






4 comments:

  1. Love the castle! Yeah that cow doesn't look too happy, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had it slow in my own therapy business as well...I'm getting caught up on projects around the house while it's slow. I'm also relaxing a lot (can't lie about that). Love the pics...they are amazing. Old castles make me happy as well...so intriguing. Glad you have some time to get back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back! I was wondering where you were. So happy to read that you were someplace beautiful doing fun things!
    I completely understand the satisfaction in being able to say, "I've been to Liechtenstein". I, too, will get there someday.
    Biking the Alps, huh? What a fantastic idea. For you. :)
    I do like that cow photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Castles! There can never be enough castle pictures. Also, that is maybe the most disdainful looking cow I have ever seen. Love it!

    ReplyDelete