Friday, September 26, 2014

7 Quick Takes



1) Wow! I think it's been since June since I participated in Quick Takes! How does that happen? Anyway, it is happening this week. I'm getting a nice early start. Early, in that it is Thursday morning that I write this and it is very early on Thursday morning, because I might be a little jet lagged and my body might be a little confused as to what time it actually is right now.

2) Those of you that know me on fb already know, but I've been hanging out with friends in Europe the last couple of weeks, which is why there has been no action here on the blog. I did get online when I had a chance, but I have a defense for that. See, had I been looking at other peoples' posts while they were on a vacation like that, I would be all kinds of judgmental and think, "they should just put the phone down and enjoy BEING on vacation; post when you get home." There is truth to that, but it was 2 weeks in close quarters with 3 other people; of the 4 of us, 3 had certain introverted qualities. It was great, but when we would have wifi at the end of a busy, packed day, it was an outlet and some downtime sort of away from everyone, even when we were stuck in the same room.

3) I have one appointment today and one major task. The task is laundry... When you run out of clean clothes, it's time to go home. My sincerest apologies to anyone who had to sit too close to us on the plane yesterday! The appointment is a massage. Thanks to my body thinking that it is almost 2:00 in the afternoon instead of 6 am, I already have the laundry well on its way to being done, I am completely unpacked, and now I'm doing this. I am really going to work on not napping today so I can start to get things back on track. I guess I'll just have to go for a hike somewhere with all my extra time, and maybe read some blogs. I may also get to start writing on some blog post ideas that I have right now. Sounds like the perfect day to me!

4) I was a crazy person right before I left on this trip. I kept running last minute errands, and I was going nuts trying to cook some of the food that I had on hand so that I could freeze it rather than throw it out. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but it is SO worth it on this end. I have a relatively clean house to come home to, I have food that I can just heat up today and I don't have to cook anything or run straight out for groceries right this second. I actually feel like I should be able to be relaxed and ready for work tomorrow! What an awesome way to finish off vacation!

5) Well, it's time. I have to buy a bike. Part of the trip was biking along the Rhein River in Germany and I had so much fun! Granted, that's flat and it isn't flat here, but I really am ready to do some biking out here. I can't wait, but I'm going to have to save some money first, especially after the trip. Definitely by next season, there will need to be a bike in my life.

6) Okay, a little scattered, but we can blame the jet lag ALL day today. Probably tomorrow, too, though we'll see if that's actually true or just a good excuse. Y'all, I am determined to read as many posts as I can, though I may not comment quite as much as usual. I have important tasks in mind for today.

7) Clearly, there should be a photo here. I have no idea which one to add, though!  Let's see....

Well, I still have a whole lot of picture sorting to do, but I do have a misty castle along the Rhein with some vineyards. Is that good enough? (I sure hope so!)



Have a wonderful weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that castle is gorgeous!

    BTW, I've always wanted to see Germany. What else did you see besides biking down the Rhein (which sounds awesome)? Do you speak any German? And if you don't, was it hard to get around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the updates on FB and this post it sounds like you had a fabulous trip. Himself and I are both jealous as that's definitley a trip we'd like to take. The castle is gorgeous! IF that's any indication of the rest of you photos, I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful trip, and I hope that you share lots more pictures! I hope jetlag is being kind to you. I've always found day four after returning to the hardest... :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like we had similar summers. :) And it sounds like you also had a wonderful time. Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to buy a bike, too. A guy at work found one for me really cheap, but I still haven't scraped together the money to buy it from him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an awesome trip...and yes...it is nice to come home to meals you don't have to prepare but just reheat and a relatively clean home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous castle!!! I am so glad you had a great time in Europe and I hope you dedicate a whole post to the food and pastries :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. More pictures please!!! That's so awesome you went to europe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO glad that you got to go, what an amazing trip! I've been swooning over your facebook pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip looked amazing!!!! So happy for you. Love the castle pic. Its funny how sometimes "vegging" on the internet is a really great way to unwind at the end of the day. It is for me, so i think its fine you logged in a bit. Glad you had a "buffer" before going back to work.

    ReplyDelete