Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rich Soil

This post is just going to be a bit of a dump to unload a few things that have been going on.

First, my aunt still needs prayers. I keep finding out more about her situation, both health wise and some personal things that I can't go into, but yeah.  Then I found out that a 23 year old that I knew (not well, but still) was killed in a car accident last weekend. Plus a couple of other serious things along those lines, none of which were happening to me, but they left me wishing that I could help the people that they were happening to. Then there were some MUCH less serious things that were going on for me, and though they were minor, I didn't have the bandwidth to deal with them this week. It got so bad there for a couple of days that I wasn't that hungry (I know! Me!) and my sister was being nice to me. (My sister is a very nice person, but our typical mode of communication is smart-a**, so when we drop that, you know it's bad.)

I went hiking yesterday, so I have regained some perspective in life and am doing much better myself, (also, I ate breakfast, second breakfast, lunch and a few snacks so far today, so normal is returning) but obviously, the people truly affected by these situations need any prayers you can spare!

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but my online worlds are colliding more and more. In other words, there are a lot more of you that I am now Fa.cebook friends with, and I love that (and if you want to be fb friends, let me know!), but as reminder, as far as fb is concerned, this blog does not exist! Not that anyone has said anything on the book of the face, but while I love getting to know everyone better, I do not want some of the fb people coming here. The people that need to know about this blog already know. :)

Finally, the priest had some really good insights today about the gospel with the seeds falling on the different type of soil.  For some reason, my brain interpreted myself as the plant in these stories, but that's not true at all. We're the soil. Shallow, rich, or full of other things.  If we want the grace of God (the seed) to bear fruit in our lives, we have to prepare the soil. Clean out the other things that could choke it off. Make sure that it is tilled and aerated and fertilized and ready to receive God's grace.  I'm sure you all were already aware of all of that, but it was a slight shift of focus for me and it worked.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend and the quickly passing summer!

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I have more blog friends on fb now than real life friends, haha. With my blog locked down now, that doesn't make me nervous like it used to.
    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the sowing your seeds in rich soil gospel as well. I could direct very easily to my own life and situations. I'm sure something has been growing in my field of life...not too sure what it is yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked that scripture.

    I will continue to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to keep your family and friend in my prayers! I do love that gospel passage it always speaks to me and I always pray that I bear fruit and have the good soil because yikes if I don't! That scripture always makes me chuckle though because when I was missionary my team would do a skit for the youth with that passage and my team mates took a lot of artistic license with this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that the hike and Mass helped clear through all of the troubles going on around you. I'll keep praying for those who are struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continued prayers for your aunt and all the struggles you've encountered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying! And seriously, eating makes everything better.

    I wanna be FB friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will pray for your aunt and other situations, life is so tough. Glad u could go for a hike and get some perspective! As far as your blog is concerned I am a vault, totally understand. Loved the readings for Sunday too! P.s. now that we're FB friends...Yay!...any thoughts on what to say if a mutual friend noticed we were FB friends, having only met once? God bless your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry this is coming so late, M, but definitely praying!

    ReplyDelete