Monday, July 7, 2014
Little Happies ~11~
I'm actually not having the best of days today. I have a bit of a headache that won't stop, a friend and an aunt got some unfavorable test results (my aunt, in particular, who may have more than one kind of cancer and they're just now finding it; no idea yet how treatable it may be), and the job is kicking my rear end. I mean, it's good, because I'm busy and I'm happy that I'm busy. However, it also kicking my rear end. Still, the fact that it isn't a perfect day means that it is the perfect time for Little Happies! That's kind of the point, isn't it? Not to ignore things that are tough and not going perfectly, but not to let the tough things drown out the fact that there are many good things. Joining with Stephanie and the others to celebrate the little things that make life good.
1) Despite the mosquitos and the rain, I had a great time camping with friends this weekend. I will admit that camping as an activity is still very low on my list of fun things to do, but being with friends is a good thing, and it that part was a lot of fun. And I am getting better at camping. I just prefer that it is something that you do so that you can be at the trailhead first thing in the morning. Not hanging out in camp all day with the mosquitos.
2) We got to climb this weekend. I'm not sure if I was more excited about climbing or taking pictures of climbers (trying to get better photos that just butt shots), but both were a lot of fun.
3) A friend and I got lost on our way to the rock. This is the same friend that is traveling to Europe with me where we will meet our other friend. We were a little frustrated, but we were also driving in the mountains, so we were quickly and easily distracted by great views, stopped for some photos, and still had a good time. This is the kind of people to travel with, Europe is going to be a blast!
4) Here's what it looks like to get lost out here:
5) I'm going to market Little Happies as a new cure. Because my last happy is that my headache has actually decreased by remembering what I'm happy about! (It's a tension headache, so it does make sense that decreasing some tension will decrease the headache.) Thankful for all of you that join in, either by writing your own or reading along and thanks also for your prayers for my aunt, because I know you and I know that you'll be praying. -->