Monday, June 16, 2014
Little Happies ~9~
How about we start out that I'm happy that I have things together enough to join Stephanie and participate in Little Happies this week? I've been enjoying reading everyone else's, and each week I kept thinking that I wanted to join in, but just couldn't get things together.
1) Maybe my biggest Little Happy is that the wildflowers are blooming! I love, love, love the wildflowers and we've had a lot of rain this year so they're going nuts. What's that? You'd like some examples? Ask and ye shall receive.
2) I went shopping the other day. This is still a constant source of surprise and fun to me. As active as I've been since I've moved out here, my sizes didn't start to drop until I dropped gluten and dairy last year. Then they dropped a little more when I started spin last fall. I still feel like I'm getting the wrong sizes to try on (you ever feel like someone's going to roll their eyes at you for getting a "wishful thinking" size to try on, or is that just me?) and then I'm shocked when they fit! I actually had one pair of shorts where I had to grab a smaller size yet! This was especially shocking since I've actually been up a couple of pounds in the last month or so compared to most of the winter. It's weird how the brain can take a while to catch up with knowing where the body actually is, and we can't see what others see sometimes.
3) The upshot of all of this is: New outfit. :) Is it wrong that I was looking forward to Mass since Thursday just so I could wear the new outfit? Shockingly shallow, I know, but it definitely made me happy! Even though I'm dealing with a rounded neckline and I prefer V-neck. Minor details! Even though I really liked the outfit, I did notice right at the beginning of church that what I thought was a white and navy pattern in the skirt was actually black and white. So I didn't match nearly as well as I thought I did. Oops. I guess it just means that I have to get a skirt with some navy in it as well. I have some black shirts that will go great with the skirt. I was going to post a photo, but I'll wait until I match. Not that you would have been able to tell from a photo anyway. And, yes, I was distracted for the rest of Mass by my mismatched state, even though I wasn't in the least concerned that anyone would notice. I noticed, and that's what I cared about. Again, shallow as shallow can be.
4) Tired of clothes yet? Me, neither! I'm also happy that I have another Stitch Fix coming up. Since I just got some new shirts and I wasn't on top of it enough to ask for some pants and/or capris (which is what I really need now), I will be surprised if I find that much to keep, but I still look forward to seeing what ideas I get. You know I'll be looking for feedback from you all!
5) Got to go on a great hike with a friend this weekend, and spent at least a couple hours above tree line. That's always a happy thing, and especially with it being one of the first few times of the year, and the first time that some of the snow was gone and the flowers were out. Love it up there!
6) Beautiful, amazing sunrise!