Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Triple W in WV

Okay, I'm still in a bit of a fog.  It's not just because we neglected to really sleep this weekend, but that is certainly part of it.  It's also because I came home to a ridiculously crazy week, which would be why I'm just getting around to posting a little something here.

Guess how the Waiting Well Weekend started for me?  With a flight delay, of course! Seriously, what else would you expect? Actually, both of my flights were slightly delayed flying in. I think next time (because there definitely has to be a next time; it was awesome) we need to specify to God that we are getting together because we are already waiting and we want to hang out with people that get what it's like when life seriously doesn't go according to plan and not because we think we need more practice with waiting and plans gone awry. ;)

The only plan that really mattered was being able to spend time together, and we got to accomplish that in spades. I flew in Thursday and got to stay with Rebecca and meet the Man.  I also got a tour of where he works.  We got to talk a little bit about nerdy muscle stuff, but we could've talked more. From what I can see, if he was a whole lot of miles closer, I would be referring some patients his way! As for Rebecca and I, we noted that it really wasn't like meeting each other, because we've known each other for a long time, even though we haven't been able to spend time together in person before this weekend.  Also, after getting to run through part of the WVU campus, I can tell you that it really is beautiful, not just for those (Rebecca) that might be a little to a lot biased towards it!  I would show you pictures, but we were running and I didn't have the camera to take pictures. (By running, I mean jogging very slowly while we chatted).

Then we got to head up to Wheeling to daily Mass where we met up with Donna, and later at the house with Stephanie and Lora. In a way, nothing went as planned due to the weather misbehaving and a couple of other little things.  On the other hand, it when exactly as planned in that we had a fantastic time together, ate great food (even managed to convince Donna that GF eating is not the end of the world), drank wine and stayed up WAY too late because the days together were too short and there was too much talking going on to end up in bed any sooner.

I have more to say if I can find free time later, but for now, here are some of the few photos that I got.

Nope, take that back. Blogger's being goofy and won't let me post them. Maybe later. I'm going to bed!

12 comments:

  1. I love your specifications to God! He had to be laughing all weekend at us!

    GF free is definitely not the end of the world! So much so that I've only had it once since I've been home and that was because Himself stopped at our favorite bakery and surprised me with a scone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good time. It is nice to meet up with others in the blog world..huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful!! Well, minus all the flight stuff. Ugh. But I like that you're already talking to God about how to help you out next time. :) Can't wait to see those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you all got to get together! Sounds like an amazing trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU GUYS GOT TO MEET!! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome experience! I will tell you, that since I went to Morgantown in December 2012, I have tried to figure out a way I could convince my family to move there. I think I've settled on trying to convince my kids to go to WVU for school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip and adventure. So glad you were able to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the flight craziness but am so glad it was a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a great weekend despite the weather and flight delays. I can't wait to see some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After last weekend, going to bed is definitely the best option! ; ) One of these days we'll all get back to normal... eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your comment about delayed flights! Glad you had such a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous that you met Rebecca and The Man! She sounds like such an awesome person!

    ReplyDelete