Friday, May 30, 2014

7 Quick Takes



1) I figured that it had been a few weeks since I had joined up with 7 QT's, and maybe that would be another good way to get back in the blogging groove. Six weeks. It's been six weeks since my last QT's.  I have been way out of my normal blogging habits!

2) Fun fact: Did you know that only 48% of Verizon customers have a smart phone? I really thought I would be one of the last people to get one (besides my mom, but that's a whole 'nother thing).  Turns out that I am now ahead of the curve since I got a smart phone yesterday.  Who would have thought?

3) I had to go get a phone because my other one decided that it really didn't want to work hardly at all. I couldn't access my contact list, I could only check texts a certain way, I could only call if someone was on my recent call list. It was time for a new phone, and I really can get enough use out of a smart phone to finally cave for the data charges.

4) Speaking of accessing my contact list... You know how every so often someone will post on fb about how they lost their contacts? I'm always thinking "poor schmuck". Now I may have to be the schmuck to make that announcement on fb (I'm trying to avoid it). I was able to get some of my numbers back if I had made calls to the person recently or if I had the number in an email. But, yeah. If you have my number and would care to send me a text with your name so I can re-save it, I would appreciate it!

5) Oh, one other thing. Now that I finally have a smart phone, can someone tell me any good apps for charting? I still want to track some things with that, but I've gotten lazy about it. The whole charts and sticker thing just doesn't work for me on several levels.

6) My schedule has been wonky all month.  Many, many good things, but one of the things that has been missing is having a really relaxing Sunday.  If you need me, I will be one with my couch and probably constantly attached to something electronic.  I'm not too proud to admit it. Except while I'm taking a nap.  I feel like a nap needs to happen.

7) It's Friday! Have a wonderful weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!
A little mountain town

10 comments:

  1. I guess I'm still behind the Verizon curve as I don't have a smartphone yet- neither does my husband. I thought I was one of the last ones on the planet not to. Guess that's not the case after all! Thanks for enlightening me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I think my next phone will be a smart phone as well. I just need to wait until July when my contract is up. The one I have now isn't working at it's best...I'm getting by. I love naps too...I try to take them when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always stressful for me to switch phones, but now my smartphone keeps me organized. It has been hard not to develop a nervous habit of checking email and Facebook though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that picture of a town near you? Gorgeous!!!
    I resisted getting a smart phone until my "regular" phone died, now I don't know how I lived without it! If you get on instagram, my user name is @tnslp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooooo I thought we were in no smart phone solidarity, lol! I still don't have a smart phone and neither does my DH, we kind of refuse to get one even though verizon keeps trying to push us. Although my texts get jumbled and sometimes don't show up when people with smart phones text me so I don't know.

    CrMS doesn't have an official app out yet, it's in beta testing right now. A lot of my clients use the NFP Charting app and then transfer the data onto their paper chart at night, it's similar to the Billings method.

    Yes naps are a must on Sunday or at least laying down to attempt to take a nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That statistic is very surprising to me, too!

    Oh, how I miss having a smart phone! I had one a few years back, but had to downgrade to a Tracphone to save money. Not complaining! It works just fine and is very cheap, which I love.

    But one day I'll go back!

    Gorgeous picture (as always), M! Is that your "little mountain town"?

    PS: Great..now I'm singing the South Park theme. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that few people at Verizon have a smart phone ... i thought the number would be about 90% of people have a smart phone. Hmmmm ... I learned something new! It is a learning curve with the smartphone, but will be awesome the more you use it - it makes texting so much faster ... and you can also "talk to text" - my favorite feature by far!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the dark side. :P You're going to love having a smart phone. The whole world in the palm of your hand... basically. Let me know if you need app suggestions. I have plenty of favorites, including the app "Bacon Farts." But I also have the mind of a 5 year old and love potty humor. So, there's that. Enjoy your new phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea it was less than 50% of Verizon customers that had smart phones! Who knew?! In case it helps, the apps I use most is 'Catholic One' <---the Bible, rosary, and all the common prayers in your hand! 2nd favorite is 'Key Ring' <---say goodbye to those key ring bulging loyalty cards because now they are all at a button click. 3rd favorite is 'Swiss Army Knife' <--- a ruler, bubble level, flash light, compass, timer, and stop watch at your fingertips really comes in handy :)

    ReplyDelete