Friday, April 11, 2014
7 Quick Takes Friday
1) Hello everyone, did you miss me? ;) I'm going to go with "no". It's hard to miss someone that never really went anywhere. I noticed that my computer was gone, but I have a Ki.ndle Fire that kept me somewhat connected with the outside world. My comments were more limited than usual and I didn't really respond to comments, but other than that who would even notice? I might have posted something this week if I'd had a computer. I know I had a couple of ideas that I have now forgotten, but I likely wouldn't have had time anyway.
2) Whether I was gone or not is up to you, but now I'm back! Or rather, I am no longer computer less. I didn't love paying for a new computer, but I love my new computer! I've barely gotten a chance to use it, but the screen is beautiful, and I didn't even spring for the fancy "retina display", and I love typing on this keyboard. It's the little things in life, I tell ya. Ooh! And I'm really excited to have a new version of iPhoto so that I can go back to the calendars that I like the best for next year! Maybe I should just get myself an 18 month calendar so I don't have to wait a full year. I just don't love the little ones that I got stuck with this year.
3) Am I the only one that gets something shiny and new like a computer or a phone, and then you kind of don't want to touch it. I mean, I do want to use it like mad. But it's shiny and new and has that electronic smell, and if I touch it with my grubby paws, all the newness will wear off. I'm even committed to not eating while I'm on the computer. (Yes, I know that should be a no brainer, but I have bad habits. I'm surprised my other computer made it as long as it did.) If my commitment can last at least 2 weeks, maybe I have a shot at not filling this keyboard with crumbs.
Okay, enough of the ode to a new computer.
Never mind, one last thing. I could live without autocorrect. Just saying.
4) This Thursday I had a chance to wear the new shirt that I got from StitchFix. Let me just say again, thanks to those of you who took the time to check out that post and voice an opinion. I wasn't quite sure that I liked it, but most people loved it, so I decided to give it a try. Anyway, the point is, I got SO many compliments on it, so I appreciate your input! If I hadn't heard from you, I would have sent it back, and I'm starting to really like it, and I love that I have nothing else quite like it. For those of you that are curious, it's the same tulip shirt that Stephanie tried on here. I get another one in a week or two, so head's up! I'll be sending out another plea for you to help dress me. ;)
5) Sunday I was feeling kind of like I'd had enough of Lent and I wasn't sure how long I could keep it up. Then all of a sudden I realized that the very next Sunday was Palm Sunday! Y'all, it's Holy Week in a mere matter of days! How did Lent go from being unbearably long one second to "oh my goodness, how is it over already" the next? I'm looking forward to and dreading Holy Week. I love Holy Week, but I want to spend Easter with my family. I will not be doing that this year. Also, I can't wait for the Easter Vigil, but incense and I have not been getting along too well of late. This is very sad because incense is awesome.
6) The upside to being limited on the computer this week is that my house no longer looks like a bachelor pad. So, yay for that!
7) Well, I have nothing but stock photos on this computer, so I guess that's it for now. Here's the cop out take: Have a great weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!