Monday, March 3, 2014

Little Happies {Uno}



I know, after daily posts from me for a week, you missed hearing from me yesterday (ha!).  I promise, I meant to give you more of a break, but I love this link up that Stephanie has started so I wanted to join in the fun.  I was going to wait until later in the week since the link up will be open for a while, but then I started thinking of lots of things and wanted to join NOW, because I hate waiting, doncha know.

1) My fleece pants that I am wearing right now.  They are so ugly, but I love them so much. Warm. Comfy.  What more could you want? No, no you do not want a picture.

2) I have several things that I am interested in taking for further education for my work, and my boss was very supportive today when we talked about it.  I love that I get to keep learning more! (And no longer have to deal with school, with weeks of group projects and finals and entire classes about things I couldn't care less about but apparently have to learn.)

3) Due to not getting out to ski or hike or anything this weekend, I was good and rested up for spin class today.  During one interval, I was able to hit 400 watts of power... the highest I've ever gotten.  The instructor also gave me a "Nice!" after class, and it means a lot when she does.  She doesn't say it lightly or often. She had no idea how many watts I hit, but she can tell when people are working hard, and when they are not.

4) Kind of happy about Lent starting.  There is something beautiful at times about the simplicity and austerity of the season that I am really ready for this season.

5) For a beautiful day... even though it's Monday and I had to stay inside all day.

Okay, I think that's good for now.  It's getting close to my bedtime. Yeah, it's early.  That's just how I am.  Early to bed and early to rise.

6 comments:

  1. I'm hopeful some of your positive perspective on lent will rub off on me. And I love that you get to keep learning through work. I LOVE to keep learning and choosing continuing education and I love not being in school and dealing with all that added stress! I hope you'll share more about what you learn here. I think we have quite a bit of overlap with PT and psychotherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE all things fleece. Come to think of it, where are my fleece PJs...that must be rectified. I started sleeping with a fleece blanket up near my face this winter, I don't know...it is just comforting. Or it may be because it is SO FLIPPING COLD OUTSIDE I NEED ALL THE EXTRA WARMTH I CAN GET. Sorry, I am just at my wits end with this winter. End rant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy!! This is wonderful! Thank you for joining in. :) First, how can you not love comfy fleece? It's usually the ugly, worn in stuff that feels the best! Wear it, girl, and don't apologize! Pumped to hear about where your further education leads. Love feeling like I conquered the world after a workout class. Haven't felt that way in a while (read: I am lazy and don't work out anymore, haha!), but I know exactly what you're talking about here. It's an awesome feeling!! Lent and beautiful days are always worth the celebration too. Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your little happies!! Especially the fleece. I would wear my pj pants all day if I could. And go you for rocking the spin class! That's impressive. Do you actually light stuff up with your wattage...? Because that would be even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, M!

    And, gotta love fleece pants. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm fuzzies! Let's just say that my regular daily apparel is chosen for comfort and warmth. Jeans aren't exactly dressed up, but they are a major step up from what I usually wear. (One benefit of not being seen by other people. :) )

    ReplyDelete