Monday, March 24, 2014

Little Happies ~4~



I swear I can write blog posts that are not link ups.  I really can!  I even have one in the drafts right now.  But for now I will be linking up with Stephanie because I want to and you can't stop me, so there.  Also because it's been a Monday (nothing big, just glitches with scheduling and the like) so I need something to cure me of that.  This seems like the ticket.

1) Not to copy John, but bacon.  Really, really good applewood smoked bacon.  It hit the spot tonight after a long day of work.  And, honestly, even if I am a copy cat, bacon should be on everyone's list.  It's that good.

2) One of my friends started a fa.cebook group for all the Midwest friends that I miss so much.  Too many of us have moved away, and even though it's nowhere near as good as hanging out, it's a nice way to chat.

3) That it's looking like I will get to be one of the annoying hikers this summer!! Yay! I have hiked hundreds of miles, y'all, and I have done a lot of hiking with people who are in better shape than me.  What happens is that we're going up some steep grade, and I think I'm not going to make it and they're not only fine, they're talking.  It annoys the crap out of me, but now I can talk on steep grades! Sweet!

4) Here's the nerd coming out, but I have really been enjoying reading some Sherlock Holmes.  For the record, I don't think I've yet come to a place where he says "Elementary, my dear Watson." At least, not it so many words.  Good stuff, though.

5) I really need to get my butt to bed, so I'll leave you with: being above tree line and that feeling of being on top of the world and like you can touch the clouds.  Love. it.



5 comments:

  1. Hiking in the mountains sounds so delightful...No mountains around me but some nice walking paths which I hope to indulge in this spring (whenever it comes) and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John will be so happy that someone else was inspired by his bacon happy. :) It's amazing how connected online social interactions can make you feel. Sometimes I get annoyed my social media, but other times, it's such a blessing! Love it when I've been working out for a while and I can finally see the changes -- like being able to get through a workout without having to stop to breath. So I know exactly what you're talking about! Have you seen the BBC Sherlock series yet? I bet reading the old books and watching the show would be a fun combo. And that picture is delightful! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiking and bacon; happies indeed!

    ReplyDelete