Monday, March 10, 2014

Little Happies ~2~


Linking up with Stephanie for another round of celebrating the little things in life.

1) So happy for a lazy, relaxed Sunday which included a delicious nap where I woke up feeling refreshed and not hung over.  Just what I needed!

2) Saturday I got to go skiing (always cross country skiing, never downhill) with a friend and then she and her husband took me out to sushi, so really the whole weekend was just nice. Skiing conditions were kind of crappy, and I was kind of exhausted so I was skiing horribly on top of that, but who really cares?  We were outside, the mountains were beautiful, the weather was beautiful, the snow was beautiful, and life was beautiful.

3) The beautiful weather this weekend, minus the snowstorm, that is reminding me of Spring and Summer to come and I'm getting really excited to hit some peaks this year! I just got a hiking magazine last week and I don't read many of the articles, but they had some great pictures of high alpine lakes and wildflowers that had me drooling to be on the trail right now.  Even though I know those lakes are buried under ice and many feet of snow right now, summer is coming, and I will be there.

4) Lately I've been buying these "Chia pods" which I have been loving.  Basically, someone has made a pudding type of thing with chia seeds (you have to like the texture of tapioca pudding, or you'd hate these) and sells them in individual serving sizes.  Last time I bought them, the sweet cashier told me how to make it on my own.  Sounds super simple, cheaper, AND I don't have to look like such a fool for buying so many at the same time.  Can't wait to try it!  And, yes, if it works, I'll be happy to share the recipe.

5) A couple of weeks ago, I was standing in line at the grocery store, and though I rarely fall prey to the impulse buys there, I did see a row of fun chapsticks one day, and the "Mojito" really caught my eye.  It may be silly, but I do enjoy it every single time I put some on.  Not regretting that impulse at all!

5 comments:

  1. Skiing sounds fantastic, though I've never done it before, so sushi sounds even better!! Never even heard of chia pods before, but totally curious now. Looking forward to learning how to make them once you've mastered the recipe. :) Isn't life just fabulous when you have great chapstick to wear around? Yours sounds delicious! I currently am using Rosebud Salve on my lips. SO GOOD! And goopy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Happies? I love it! Glad to hear about your good things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, M! Ah, weekend naps...they seem to be the very definition of "happies".

    Oh, and I am a chap stick junkie. I''ll have to be on the lookout for Mojito!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove making Chia pudding! It really is easy - WAY easier than trying to do homemade tapioca, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very intrigued by this mojito chapstick!!! Mojitos are my fav!!! Love all your little happies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete