Friday, March 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday



1) Somehow I managed a typo in the title so that it originally read "2 Quick Takes".  I guess we're going to be taking REALLY quick today.

2) How is your Lent going?  Mine has been sort of low key.  Not that it's bad to be low key; it's kind of nice.  Things are a little quieter and there are little things that are noticeably different, but it's nothing huge.  I like it. It seems to strike a nice balance.

3) I probably shouldn't joke that I have a tapeworm, but I do joke about it.  (I named him "Steve". I don't know why.  Maybe low blood sugar at the time?) I do NOT have a tapeworm, it's made up because I eat a lot. Seriously, I eat All. The. Time.   The other day, I got curious as to how many calories I am actually consuming.  I added them up, and you know why it seems like I eat all the time? Because I do. It's kind of funny.  The first day was probably a little higher than my norm, but it was 2800 something.  I can't believe I had almost 3,000 calories in one day! (It was the first day in a while that I actually felt full for multiple hours in a row.) The next day was closer to 2300. Oh, well.  Apparently I need them, because the scale is not objecting.

4) And for those of you that think that I'm hungry because I don't eat the right things, I eat a lot of protein and a lot of fat. Some of it is even healthy fat (okay, most of it is, depending on how much you object to meat as being healthy or unhealthy. The rest is stuff like nuts and avocados and flax seed.)  Mmm, food!

5) I'm still working on my recipe for chia pudding.  My first batch was okay, but not great.  Obviously I don't need to share my recipe, because there are plenty online, but I probably will if I can get it to turn out well.

6) I really, really need to get some taxes done. I like to get them done and over with in February.  I don't know what my problem is this year, but if I don't get on it this week, I'll be staring down the deadline much more closely than I'd like to!

7) No objections to one or two more photos from my snowshoe last weekend?  Okay, good.

While it was still snowing and the sun was thinking about coming out.

I love the mountains! 

Have a wonderful weekend and head on over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!




5 comments:

  1. #3 Hmmm how does one get rid of a tapeworm! Do I even want to know?! No, I don't think I do.

    #6 We just did our taxes at the beginning of this week. We usually get them done by early February. It was so bad our tax guy called us and reminded us to do them. I don't know why we dropped the ball this year, well I dropped the ball because I had to go through all my client files and I put it off. Paperwork is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, meat is unhealthy?!?! But, but... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures make me want to be in the mountains RIGHT NOW. Alas, I am at work.

    I got my taxes done about a month ago, but there was a bit of an issue with my federal so I'm just hoping we did what we needed to prove that I am me, and that I will eventually get my refund...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I found your blog through Conversion Diary... I didn't submit a 7 Quick Takes myself, but I've put out a few good things this week. I was drawn here because of your blog title - Catholic Mutt. I was a "halfolic" for the last eight years, and can finally call myself Catholic now. I feel like I'm in good company!

    Can I just say that I am SO JEALOUS of your unlimited eating ability? Because I don't think I'm quite hitting those cals, and I'm 8-months pregnant and groowwwinnngggg because of it (and also because of the baby... but mostly because of the calories).

    Anyway, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you need those calories - eat them! Calorie counting isn't nearly as important as eating real food!

    ReplyDelete