Friday, February 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes



1) I can't believe that the week of 7 posts in 7 days is almost over!  Thanks so much to all of you that are hanging in there and reading, because it makes this challenge so much more fun.  I'm a little behind in my reading right now, but I guarantee that I will get caught up, and it makes me so happy to have fun reading to look forward to this weekend. I may only have one day to go, I haven't decided yet.  I could count the fact that I posted last Sunday, or I could call Sunday kind an announcement post, and finish this Sunday with everyone else.  It depends on whether I have something to say or not, I guess.

2) There is something to be said for routine in working out.  This morning, I was kind of tired and sore from my workout and massage yesterday (yeah, I know I have a rough life) and I thought about staying home.  Problem is, I was already up and dressed before the thought occurred to me and I was wide awake, so I figured I might as well go work out.  Now, there are times where my body is just tired and I do listen to it and take days off when it's like that.  But today it was more of a "I don't want to", but of course I feel great now that I went and pushed myself.  Though my legs are still kind of tired and sore.

3) Y'all, it's weekend. I'm excited. You? I'm hoping for some more skate skiing.  I am starting to hit a bit of a rhythm and you can move on skate skis.  I always felt like I was standing still when the skate skiers would pass me while I was on classic skis, but I thought part of that was their skill.  It is, but part of it is also the technique.  Can't wait to practice some more!  (Skate skiing and classic skiing are both types of cross country skiing.  I didn't watch the Olympics this year, but it sounds like the majority of what people were seeing with cross country was skate skiing.)

4) I can't believe it's the last weekend before Lent!  I really am ready and looking forward to it, but I've gotten accustomed to Ordinary Time, and it's kind of throwing me off a bit.  In a good way.  Maybe it'll make Lent a little more noticeable and less routine this year.

5) Speaking of things throwing me off, there's so much light outside!  I love it!  I am not looking forward to the time change in the way that it messes me up, but I am SO looking forward to light in the evenings.

6) Did I mention that I'm glad it's Friday?  Good, because it is essential that that is well established.

7) This was one of the runners up for fence photos yesterday.  I love it, too.

Have a wonderful weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

5 comments:

  1. Are you glad it is Friday? I just wasn't sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, hope you have a wonderful weekend ~ and keep posting wonderful posts like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the spring time change for I love longer days...however losing that hour is hard...oh gosh. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your pictures, M! So beautiful!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :-)

    P.S. Please forgive me for being slow to respond to comments on my blog (and, thank you, btw!). That numb feeling I talked about...yeah, it seems to hinder my ability to but together coherent thoughts from time to time. Sigh..

    ReplyDelete