Tuesday, February 25, 2014

7 in 7: Tuesday Stream of Consciousness

I am LOVING 7 in 7 right now.  Why?  Well, I wish I could say that it's because I have all this great stuff to say and this is finally letting me get it all out.  Or that it's because I am really loving all the new content on all the great blogs right now (actually, that is true).  But the real reason is because I'm sitting here with a long list of things that I should be doing (mostly laundry, dishes and paperwork related), but instead I'm blogging because I HAVE to, you know.  Because I said I would and I committed to it and I can't NOT blog.  I need this excuse more often.  (No, I don't, but I would like it more often.)

Due to someone leaving work suddenly, I had to be at work early yesterday.  This meant that I had to leave spin class a few minutes early.  Now granted, I often have to leave spin class a few minutes early in order to go to work, but this time was different.  When I left work Friday night, I wasn't scheduled until 8, so I was really excited that I could stay for the whole class.  There is just something about that last 5 minutes and I really hate starting my cool down while everyone else is gutting it out.  I want to gut it out, too!  Anyway, typically after things are done Friday, nothing new gets added, so I was celebrating a slightly later start and that I could stay for every last minute of class, and that was taken away on Sunday due to the unusual circumstances.

Man, then spin class happened.  We did three 12 minute blocks at 100 rpms (I hate everything over 90), and we started in the anaerobic zone for 2 minutes, then backed off a tiny bit for 4 minutes, then a tiny bit more for 6 minutes.  You know the worst part? That 6 minutes.  Even though it's the easiest level that you do, you're still doing it at a hard level AND IT NEVER ENDS.  Well, maybe it did eventually.  I'm not still on the bike, after all, so it must've ended. But it feels like it will never end.  The upshot of all of this is that the very last block came right into the time that I had to start cooling down so I could get to work.  I didn't have time for that last 6 minutes.  Which is awesome, because I thought I might die if I had to do the whole 6 minutes! (Of course, it would have also felt amazing to finish that 6 minutes when it was over, but I since had to leave, I might as well be happy about less torture.)  I still was late enough that I had to literally run out of class.  Do you know how much fun that is to do when your legs are jello? Anyway, not thankful for all the reasons, but that is one of the few times that I have been happy for a reason to leave class early.

The other thing about the workout today?  That chocolate milk I had definitely had me going for the inhaler and STILL not breathing well enough to hit my normal intensities.  Stupid dairy.  Stupid digestive tract that can't handle the dairy. I don't miss it much, but I would like to be able to have a little sometimes.

Work was... interesting.  The good news is that I work with some awesome people, and even though I was sad that one such awesome person left, the response of everyone highlighted their awesomeness.  It was not nearly as chaotic as I expected.  As far as I know.  I have learned that I never know what's going on.  If there's drama, I don't know about it until way after the fact.  I'm in my office trying to get some people to feel a little better.  Also a good discovery about this is that our rumor mill at the office is broken, or never really started or something.  We just don't have a rumor mill.  Not that we never talk about stuff, but it's just not a constant ongoing thing, and it's pretty limited.  How many places can say that?  (Hint, I used to think the answer was "zero places".)

With finding out about all of this over the weekend, I was feeling unsettled, and left trying to find solid ground a little bit.  Luckily, I had Adoration to go to, and there is no solid ground like Adoration.  And I got a chance to talk to my sister, which was wonderful.  We were both struggling with some similar things, and it was just lovely to talk to someone who gets it.  It had been a while and I needed that chance to catch up and just talk.

Can't think of anything else right now.  I really want to make it to Mass, which means I need to get my butt in the shower.  Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing this too!!
    Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to back and dig in your posts to find out about this "7 in 7"!
    I did spin class once...only once! I had a friend who invited me, and I thought it was going to be a breeze since I was in decent shape at the time from playing a lot of tennis. Well, apparently you use a whole lot of different muscles in spin class than tennis! I couldn't walk for DAYS!!!
    I try to stay out of the whole "rumor mills" at my schools. Since I split my time between the two, I never know what's going on...and I like it that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last place I worked had a very active rumor mill, but that was really the only way you ever found out about anything. Management was very poor about communicating with the rest of us.

    I'm so glad that you're enjoying the 7 posts in 7 days; I am, too!

    ReplyDelete