Friday, January 24, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday



1) Yay, Friday!  I'm looking for a REAL weekend this time, rather than lying at home on the couch with barf bucket handy.

2) This little illness did lead to a first for me.  On Wednesday, I stepped on the scale and for the first time ever, cursed the scale for being too low!  Only because I told myself that I had to regain 2# so that I would consider myself somewhat rehydrated and ready to return to exercise.  Despite a lot of work drinking lots and lots of fluids, I only managed about a pound.  So I made the smart choice* and went to spin anyway.  Dang it, after 5 days of not working out, I just really wanted to go again.  We did three "hills" in class, but I lost one in a low blood sugar fog somewhere.  It was fine; I may not have done my usual resistance, but it felt so awesome to SWEAT again! (Can't have been too dehydrated; there was plenty of sweat.)

*So maybe not the smartest choice, but I did use some other markers to make sure that I wasn't overly dehydrated or I wouldn't have gone.  I tried not to make too stupid a decision.

3) I discovered a fantastic new snack this week!  Dried apples and walnuts eaten together.  It's quite lovely, but I do wish that my discovery had been a little more intentional and less embarrassing.  Basically I had two seconds between patients, and I was starving, so I stuffed several things in my mouth and once, but then I realized it was really good and have been enjoying it ever since.

4) Umm, the other day I checked my inbox and saw that I was nominated for a Sheenazing Award?!  Thank you to whoever nominated me, you definitely made my day!


Thanks so much to Bonnie and her helpers as well for the work to put this all together.  I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time discovering some new blogs from this "Sheenazing" list! Oh, yeah.  And I'm going to go vote, too.

5) There have been a lot of posts about pro life this week, as well as some defending the other side and many of them are quite good. Some, of course, were more on the offensive side.  I won't link most of them, but I think this one and this one were the best ones that I read and far more helpful than merely repeating pet statistics and facts.

6) Apparently, I'm out of things to say, so have a great weekend!  Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

7)
Not a horrible attempt at a snow close up, but I would love an actual macro lens for this!

8 comments:

  1. Yay, snow!!! Also, glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better and have discovered a great new snack.
    Congratulations on your nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are better! Congratulations on your nomination, you got my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for getting back into working out after having that virus...It would have taken me a few weeks..or longer...hahaha. Love the snow pic. It is pretty to look at but these frigid temps just have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool picture of the snow! Next time you need a couple of pounds, let me know...I have some to spare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better! Love the snow close up. I want a macro lens too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God you are feeling better! :) I felt the same way about needing to work out after a crazy week of work and not getting to the gym for awhile. Have always wanted to try a spin class!!!

    ReplyDelete