Friday, January 17, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday



1) It's Friday!  I'm so excited! I have nothing special to be excited about, I'm just ready for the weekend. The more work I have, the happier I am to see the weekend.  But, I'm very thankful to have work.  It's a good thing, but it also wears me out physically and mentally.

2) To say that I half-a$$ed it last night climbing would probably be generous.  When I reach a certain state of mental overload, I just can't deal with things anymore.  Climbing is so much a mental game anyway that it was especially bad.  That left me asking myself what I should do about today. I had to ask myself whether I should go to spin this morning or not. I have too much respect for the instructor to half-a$$ spin class.  Either go and dig deep and do it or don't go, but don't get on the bike and piddle around.  I am proud to say that I went and dug deep.  It felt really, really good precisely because I had to work for it.

Now, there are days where you just need a rest and it's good to take a break from the workout.  I really did stop to consider where I was today, and I would say that I made the right decision.

3) I don't know what I'm doing this weekend, but what I love about where I live is that when last minute wrenches get thrown into plans that you've had for a while (as happened for this weekend's plans), you can make other plans pretty quickly.  Right now, I know the plan is to do something outside.  It may be a hike, it may be a snowshoe or it may be cross country skiing. I don't know what or where, but I know that one of those is on the table, so it's fine with me however it works out.

4) I went shopping yesterday.  I was already almost on a mental overload before that, but that was the tipping point.  Too much driving, too much deciding, too much going from one store to the other.  Argh!  I did hit a few good sales, though, and trying stuff on was really, really fun.  I tried on a dress at one store, just because it looked fun, but of course I wouldn't buy it because I have no reason to wear a dress any time soon. But!  It was so fun and it looked so nice, I had her ring it up.... And then I had her take it off.

I couldn't get it off my mind, however, so I ended up coming home and ordering it online.  The best part is that I almost got a blue one in the store, but I ended up getting the pink from online, which is better for my coloring anyway.  I love it and I love the way it looks, but I'm going to need a little help when it comes. I'm a little uncertain about if it's church appropriate.  Length and stuff is fine, but it's a little form-fitting.  Since church is one of the few places that I can wear skirts and dresses, I hope it works.  I'll take a picture when it comes so that you can give me your opinion.

5) I'm very excited about this idea, and I really hope that I will get to go!

6) The most important take of all!  I am so, so excited for several women who have shared some wonderful pregnancy news!!  I am not only ready for but am praying for a bunch of babies this year, but most particularly for those who struggle with subfertility/IF, both for those trying to get pregnant the first time and for those who would like to give their children siblings.  And I am praying for those that are pregnant that the pregnancies continue to go well and that these sweet babies continue to grow and thrive!  I will say, though, while I am excited for my friends to be pregnant (whether they are fertile or subfertile), I do still shrink from announcements from acquaintances and such.  I mean, good news for them, but somehow, that is SO much harder.

7) Have a fantastic weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

Happy trails!


7 comments:

  1. Good on ya for making it to spin class! Your willpower is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 - I'm so hoping you'll be able to make it too! I don't want to wish time away but I can't wait to meet everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll be able to make it, too! If you are flying in Pittsburgh is the closest airport; I'm more than happy to pick up/drop off. And if you need a place to stay for an extra day or two, we have the room : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you add a little sweater with the dress or something to make it more appropriate for church? I have a few dresses that I love to wear in the summer and for church, I add a short sleeve sweater or shawl. I'm thankful I have a job too...especially since we are adopting and need every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about the shopping. I used to love it, but anymore it's just too much work. And I have to much crap anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I've been following your blog for a while now... I'm a silent reader, but you have to know, I admire your writings and your thoughts... Which is why I nominated you for THREE awards! :) Head over to my blog to see them, and do spread the love:

    http://bentbow.blogspot.com/2014/01/awards-really.html

    ReplyDelete