1) It's Friday! I'm so excited! I have nothing special to be excited about, I'm just ready for the weekend. The more work I have, the happier I am to see the weekend. But, I'm very thankful to have work. It's a good thing, but it also wears me out physically and mentally.
2) To say that I half-a$$ed it last night climbing would probably be generous. When I reach a certain state of mental overload, I just can't deal with things anymore. Climbing is so much a mental game anyway that it was especially bad. That left me asking myself what I should do about today. I had to ask myself whether I should go to spin this morning or not. I have too much respect for the instructor to half-a$$ spin class. Either go and dig deep and do it or don't go, but don't get on the bike and piddle around. I am proud to say that I went and dug deep. It felt really, really good precisely because I had to work for it.
Now, there are days where you just need a rest and it's good to take a break from the workout. I really did stop to consider where I was today, and I would say that I made the right decision.
3) I don't know what I'm doing this weekend, but what I love about where I live is that when last minute wrenches get thrown into plans that you've had for a while (as happened for this weekend's plans), you can make other plans pretty quickly. Right now, I know the plan is to do something outside. It may be a hike, it may be a snowshoe or it may be cross country skiing. I don't know what or where, but I know that one of those is on the table, so it's fine with me however it works out.
4) I went shopping yesterday. I was already almost on a mental overload before that, but that was the tipping point. Too much driving, too much deciding, too much going from one store to the other. Argh! I did hit a few good sales, though, and trying stuff on was really, really fun. I tried on a dress at one store, just because it looked fun, but of course I wouldn't buy it because I have no reason to wear a dress any time soon. But! It was so fun and it looked so nice, I had her ring it up.... And then I had her take it off.
I couldn't get it off my mind, however, so I ended up coming home and ordering it online. The best part is that I almost got a blue one in the store, but I ended up getting the pink from online, which is better for my coloring anyway. I love it and I love the way it looks, but I'm going to need a little help when it comes. I'm a little uncertain about if it's church appropriate. Length and stuff is fine, but it's a little form-fitting. Since church is one of the few places that I can wear skirts and dresses, I hope it works. I'll take a picture when it comes so that you can give me your opinion.
5) I'm very excited about this idea, and I really hope that I will get to go!
6) The most important take of all! I am so, so excited for several women who have shared some wonderful pregnancy news!! I am not only ready for but am praying for a bunch of babies this year, but most particularly for those who struggle with subfertility/IF, both for those trying to get pregnant the first time and for those who would like to give their children siblings. And I am praying for those that are pregnant that the pregnancies continue to go well and that these sweet babies continue to grow and thrive! I will say, though, while I am excited for my friends to be pregnant (whether they are fertile or subfertile), I do still shrink from announcements from acquaintances and such. I mean, good news for them, but somehow, that is SO much harder.
7) Have a fantastic weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!