2)I have noticed in my professional life, there have been a number of times that the outside and the inside of me are not allowed to match up. It ends up looking something like this:
Patient is lying on the table while I work on him. I look up and see a mouse run across the floor.
Outside: "Excuse me a moment, it looks like something just moved."
I get up to investigate. I don't see it, but I when approach an exercise ball blocking my view,
Inside: "WAIT! DON'T MOVE THE BALL, DON'T MOVE THE BALL! IT MIGHT BE RIGHT THERE! AND THEN WHAT WILL YOU DO??"
I move the ball.
Outside: "Hmm, I don't see anything. Maybe I just imagined it."
Inside: "Please, please, please let me have imagined it!"
A couple minutes later,
Outside: "Oh, there it is, I guess I didn't imagine it."
My patient: "Yep, that's a mouse, you didn't imagine it."
My patient: "Do you want me to get it for you?"
Outside: "That would be great."
Inside: "That would be the most wonderful thing in the world! You will be immediately vaulted to the status of most favorite patient in the history of patients! Please get the mouse! I'm not sure what you're going to get it with... Your bare hands? I don't care! Get it, please!"
We look a few minutes, but are unable to find it, so we have to give up the search and finish the treatment. I can only hope for the rest of the treatment that it has left my room.
3) I told the person at the front desk, and she looked properly horrified at the thought of a mouse running around in the back somewhere. But another coworker overheard it and dismissed me with a "You're bigger than it is... Wait, weren't you the one that had a problem with a bug that one time, too?"
Ha! "That one time." Shows what YOU know, since there were a whole lotta times that I've had problems with bugs. And why would you think the small size is supposed to make me feel any better? It's not like I'm afraid the thing is going to eat me. I think more about the vermin infested thing waiting in a hidey hole and biting my fingers when I reach for something. Or it might crawl on me. And, yes, that would be a horribly bad thing!
I'm pretty low maintenance and not much of a girly girl most of the time, but if you want me to go all stereotypical on you, just send a rodent or an arachnid across the room, and we're there! Our lovely host Jen has all my sympathies with her various pest problems.
4) Also, I was initially relieved that it happened at the end of the day and I could leave, but once I got home, I realized one of my bags had food in it and it was by the floor. So then I kept wondering if it hitched a ride. I'm better now... Until I have to go to work in the morning.
5) Oh, wait! These are supposed to be quick takes? And they're supposed to be about different little things going on in our lives? I'd say "my bad," but that was a horribly annoying saying when it was a saying. Besides, I'm not taking responsibility. I blame the rodent. But I do have a snippet for you! I'm almost finished putting together a calendar for 2014. I think. There are a lot of the pictures that I really like, but there are a couple that I'm not exactly excited about. I may have to rethink a couple. Anyway, (not anyways, because that is NOT a word! Argh, pet peeve alert! Okay, I'm better now.) Anyway, the whole point of this is to say that it should be time for a giveaway soon!
6) So, spin class. The instructor said at the last class something about that we were not going to actually die. I would have argued, but ain't nobody got breath for that! It's interesting. I feel that I've never sweat much, but I've started taking a towel; partly because that's what everyone else does, and I like to pretend that I know what I'm doing. But mostly because I have to have something for all the sweat!
7) I feel like I need a picture of a mouse, but I don't have one, so you'll have to settle for this instead.
Have a great weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!