1) I was thinking that there would not be any QT's today because I did not get around to it yesterday, but.... Snow day! There's tons of snow in my little pocket of weather (the mountains are funny and only a few miles can drastically change the amount of snow you have. However, it did allow for a little later start to my day. And there's a decent chance that I'll have a few patient cancellations, so I'm going to gamble on that and use that time to do a few paperwork things that I was going to do before work in the morning. Because I'm all responsible like that. (Due to Murphy's Law, I have just jinxed myself and every one of my patients will show up; even the ones that have been canceling in the best of weather.)
2) Last night I went to meet up with some friends. I knew it was cold out, but I also knew that I would be walking a block at the most, and so I didn't worry about the fact that I was not dressed that much for the cold. BUT, I didn't know that it was 16, and the windchill was -4! Seriously? The weather's acting like it's the end of November or something! I did not die or get frostbite, but that 3/4 block that I had to walk was suddenly a LOT longer than normal and I couldn't walk fast due to ice and snow on the sidewalk.
3) I have been doing horribly with weight maintenance. It's like I have 0 ounces of self control, but then that leads to lots of extra ounces on the scale. It's bad! My weight has been all over the place this week with 3 pound fluctuations from day to day; and all of those to the higher end or above my range that I am trying to keep it in. I know I don't have much to complain about, but it's all very annoying at times! (And, yes, I am well aware that that kind of fluctuation is water weight. But when I eat the kinds and quantities of food to cause that much bloating, it turns to the Real Deal, real fast.)
4) I think part of my frustration with myself comes from the fact that my workouts have not been great this week, either. Monday I had to skip spin class, and yesterday I had to skip my hard workout of the week due to weather. Wednesday and this morning I did make it to spin, but I did not push myself hard enough. And yesterday I did not work out very hard at the climbing wall, but that's actually okay because my hip was a little sore, and I didn't want to aggravate it.
5) I think that the trick is to look at this week honestly. Yes, there are some things that I could have done better. Those are the things that I can focus on working on next week. However, I also need to remind myself that a few of those things are out of my control, and maybe most importantly, I have to give myself credit for things that I did do well. For example, I may not have pushed myself hard enough this morning, but I was really tempted to stay in bed, and instead I went to class!
You need to help me out. I know I'm not the only one flagellating myself for things that I should have done better while ignoring the things I did accomplish. Let me know, what did you accomplish this week?
6) You know the best part about all the snow? If the passes aren't too bad, there's a good chance I'm going skiing tomorrow!! I can't wait! Cross country, y'all. Cross country. There are a lot of down hillers in these parts, but I value control more than speed, and there is no workout in the world like cross country skiing. (Especially when you don't have the best or most efficient form, and you make yourself work 2-3 times harder than you really should....)
7) And now a re-run picture in honor of the fact that winter decided to show up for the weekend!
Have a great weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!