Sunday, October 20, 2013

Just Hangin'

That, there, is my entire excuse for my sporadic posting of late.  I would like to tell you that there is something very obviously going on that I'm so busy that I can't blog (like I'm training for a marathon, while started a new post grad degree while working a first time job, but nobody's that crazy.  Oh, wait.  I mean nobody else is that crazy). I am very busy, but I haven't quite figured out what is making everything so crazy.  I mean, there's work, but that's been the case for as long as I've been blogging.  There are a couple of evening activities as well, but those are also something that has been around most of the time.  I don't know.  I just know that I don't worry about it too much.  I'll blog when I can, and read when I can and post when I can.  Stressing about it is silly since blogging is a stress reliever for me.  I refuse to add it to the "to do" list.

This last weekend, I did get to return to the Midwest to visit a couple of friends.  I can't believe it was only a week ago!  What is it about the best of friends, that time is so skewed?  When I'm with them, it's like I saw them yesterday (even though the calendar said it was a year), and somehow time is not important for those all-too-few days that I'm there.  I mean, it passes WAY too fast, but I don't know, it's also different.  And then I leave, and it already feels like forever, even though this time last week I was in the middle of staying up too late talking to them given the early morning flight I had on Monday.  If you think I have an unhealthy attachment to some of my friends, don't worry.  They already know that I love them a creepy amount.

Other than that, I gave my chronic pain presentation, and it seemed to go well.  I still really want to finish some posts about that. When I wrote this post, it was more to give an example for when I try to explain the more technical aspects of things. I really don't have much of a pain in the neck anymore.  In fact, I aggravated it a little last weekend, and instead of becoming a thing for a week or two, it was calmed down in a couple of days.  There are things that really can help with chronic pain!  I love it!

Beyond that, I think I'm going to try a spin class tomorrow morning.  I have never in my life taken a spin class, but we'll see.  I want more cardio during the week, but remember the part about being busy? I might be flat out nuts to be trying to add in more exercise right now!  I'm not completely insane. I just got a week's work of free passes to the gym to give it a try.  If it's too much to try to add in, I'll just do my week and call it good.

Ooh, and I applied for a passport!  I don't know why traveling out of the country has never happened (okay, yes I do, and it was mostly money or lack thereof), but it hasn't and I don't have one.  I'm going to try to rectify this, and hopefully use it soon.

I'm also stressing because I have to take A WHOLE BUNCH of CEU's in a VERY SHORT period of time or I'll lose my athletic training certification.  It's not necessary for my current job, but it sure is nice to have on the resume. And I haven't even figured out when I'll have two spare minutes to work on even a tiny bit of that requirement!

And that is my life currently.  What's going on in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

  1. I agree re: the blogging. It's a stress reliever for me too, so I don't worry if I don't get to it all the time.

    Road trips to visit friends are the best! And I hope the spin class goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are busy, very busy. But don't worry about blogging, we'll be here when you come back :) Plus your kind of busy is the good kind of busy. I'm glad you got to spend time with good friends and do use that passport, there's a whole other world waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got to go back to the Midwest for a little bit, I am missing the fall colors and beauty right about now! I have always been intrigued by spin class let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up until that last paragraph, about your urgent need for CEUs, your post was so full of peace; it was great to hear that you are at a point of peace. So often those are so very hard to find. I just got back from an Alumnae Leadership event at my alma mater; It was good, exhausting, weird, and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your passport!! How exciting! Any ideas where you think you might travel? I'm going to live vicariously through you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life seems to be busy for everyone! Something about fall, I guess. I hope your CEU's aren't too much of a hassle. I think it's great you keep up with them!
    Not much here ... Work, eat, sleep, play. I'm trying to go to bed earlier if that counts as news. :-) last two nights I was in bed before 10:30. I've been watching Lost the last month and it's been late nights when I watch the show ... Because I just have to watch one more!

    ReplyDelete