Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Glorious Day

You ever have that unexpected day that just hits the spot?  Today is one of those days for me.  It's a routine Thursday in a way, but it's such a fantastic one.

I got up WAY early to do a brutal morning workout.  That wasn't so much fun at the time, but I was working out with a friend, and we were outside, and by 6:30 in the morning I was finished.  I had plenty of time to make a big breakfast (first advantage to a big workout is that it's okay to eat more!) I don't often make sausage links and eggs for the same breakfast, but I did today and they were outstanding together.  Then I had plenty of time for a long hot shower after being outside where it was cooler before I went to Mass.

The one thing I HAD to do today was pick up a few things, so I did that before coming back and heading in for a nice long massage.  Spoiled rotten? Yes, yes I am.  Also, she did a great job working some TMJ muscles that had been bothering me and my jaw feels better than it has in weeks.  Not that it felt that bad, but isn't it great when those nagging things suddenly feel good again?

Then I vegged.  And took a nap.  I guess those are the same things, huh? And it was okay.  You know that drive we all have about all the things that need to be done right now?  Enough of those were at an okay enough place that I could set them aside and not worry about them today.  I ate way too much pumpkin dessert (again, why the workout was such an essential part of the perfect day, even if it required getting up early.)

My paperwork was caught up enough that I haven't had to touch it today. I could do a little cleaning, but things aren't the disaster they sometimes are.  Yes, there are the CEU's, but I had some unexpected free time this week and was able to do some with them earlier in the week.

And I am relaxed enough that there is a little grain of a thought in my head about new challenges to think about trying, but I'll let you know if that goes anywhere.

I didn't mean to bore you on a regular old Thursday, but I guess this blog post is just my version of purring. :)

Hope you've either had a nice relaxing day with your family recently or that you'll get one soon!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you had a great day! Mine had moments of respite, in between the chaos. I was gone last weekend for a training, then had a dance class Tuesday, and a different training Wednesday and Saturday... all before having 20 people over this coming Sunday. I'm hoping for a relaxed, vegging day on Monday. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best description of a blog I have read in a long time " but I guess this blog post is just my version of purring"....love it!!! It does sound like an AWESOME day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love days where I'm free to do whatever I want and I get in my afternoon siesta. My dh gets up early to work out before work...I am so not a morning person..so I try to do my workouts in the afternoon or evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "purring'! HAHA!! LOVE IT!
    Sounds like you had a glorious day! (The massage was key to make it glorious!)

    ReplyDelete