Thursday, August 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)
1) I'm thinking it's the perfect week for a birthday.  All the cool kids have their birthdays this week.  Okay, maybe not all, but many.  Mine was Monday, M.'s was yesterday, my brother and one of my amazing friend's birthday is today, and I'm sure that I'm missing some, too.  Apparently my cousin's birthday is today as well, according to fb.  Which is odd, because I thought it was yesterday.  What do I know?

2) My brother left me a message on my birthday and asked if I'd taken the day off, or just celebrated on the weekend.  Silly boy!  Both, of course.  Now, the world does not have to revolve around me on my birthday.  But I like it, and I'm going to celebrate.  On the weekend, I did a getaway with some friends that involved hiking and hot springs (climbing got rained out).  To be fair, my birthday was really more of an excuse than anything.  We tend to do that kind of stuff, anyway.  As far as the day off, I have found that it annoys me to work on my birthday.  So I don't.  I went to Mass (at my previous church, and they apparently have a new- completely awesome!- priest), got a massage and did what I felt like doing (mostly blogging and watching Person of Interest. Excitement r' us around here, but it's what I wanted).  Ooh, and I totally ate horribly/wonderfully all weekend long!  It was great!

3) The pope's remarks... Where do I even start.  The media's having a heyday over Brand! New! Thoughts! Whereas Catholics who know their faith heard what we've been hearing for forever.  Poor media, reporting once again on non-news with a frenzy that only a 24 hour news cycle can produce.  I can afford to put it in the Quick Takes rather than writing a whole thing about it, because I'm linking to Cardinal Dolan, who did write a whole thing about it after spending the week with the pope at WYD.  His take is simple, and true. (The part about the post that had me hyperventilating a little bit is the first comment.  Someone please tell me if that's for real or not?!?!?!)

4) Let's see... Apparently I'm out already.  Lovely.  Lucky for you, I'm behind on pictures, so let's just do a few of those instead.

5) Flowers! (No shock there.)
I love paintbrush!

Went on a hike a couple of weeks ago and found these.  I had never seen them before, ever.  Some kind of lily.

6) LOVE hiking in aspen groves.  This one had hordes of butterflies (and even greater numbers of mosquitos, but let's focus on the good, hmm?)


7) A friend of mine showed me a new trick with pictures of waterfalls.  My pictures aren't perfect yet (because I'm not a tripod... But wouldn't it be an awesome trick if I were that steady?)

Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever been part of the "cool" kids group, so I thought your 1st take was awesome! Thanks! ;) And I have the same attitude about my birthday - it should be a whole week affair, right?

    Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics (I have a strong love for pictures of waterfalls).

    And I missed whatever comment caused you to hyperventilate. I tried to find one that would...but maybe I just missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your birthday; I feel the same way about working on my birthday.
    Beautiful pictures! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday was also in July and Happy Birthday to you (belated). Always, always love your pictures. They're just so pretty, the flowers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos; you are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! :) Great photos! I can smell the fresh air just looking at them! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that waterfall looks gorgeous! I don't understand all the hub-bub about the Pope's comment. I'm sure he said so many great things, and that's what they focused on???

    ReplyDelete