Friday, August 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)

1) It appears that I have failed yesterday in writing a post about Mary.  Judge not, ye judgers. (Okay, I know you weren't judging in the slightest, nor did you even notice.)  But the point of this take is to let you know that I did write a post about Mary, and posted it elsewhere.

2) I am one of six siblings.  Did you know that?  Probably.  Anyway, I am, and though are ages are wildly spaced apart and we live all over the place, we are still pretty close, considering.

3) Believe it or not, #1 and #2 are related, I'm just low on things to say today, so I'm spreading this out as loooonng as possible.  I'm good at taking a long time to say something that should have only taken a few minutes to say.  It's a talent, what can I say?

4) Anyway, my older brother texted me this week and said that he and one of my sisters have been talking and that they wanted to start a blog about stuff and life, and mostly about how stuff and life relates to our faith as Catholics.  At least I think that's what they wanted it to be about.  Texting, ya know?  It's hard to have an in depth conversation about anything, even when it spans a large part of the day.  He brought it up because he wanted to know if I would be interested in participating if they did it.

5) Blog?  Did someone say blog?!  Of course I'm interested!  Where do I sign up?  Let's get this bad boy started!  In the last five years, I've become addicted learned to really enjoy and appreciate blogging.

6) I'm excited for two reasons, the first being the biggest and most important.  That is because I love the idea of my siblings blogging and I can't wait to see what they have to say.  The two that wanted to start are very thoughtful, and I know that they will have some great things to say.  I'll be honest, though, there's a good chance they'll probably be pretty formal in tone.  My brother writes the most formal emails you ever saw in your life.  And my sister is much the same in writing.  Must. Say. All. The. Things. Well.  ("Sentences" like that? Forget it. Fragments and parentheses abounding? Probably not so much.)  It's not a bad thing at all, it's just obviously different than the way I write.  I'm mostly giving them a hard time because I can't wait for them to get a post up, and it will take them a while because they don't just blurt stuff and then hit "publish". (Unlike some people who get excited and throw words on the screen and publish, hoping they make sense.  Writing is a process for me, it's true.)

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot the second reason.  Because it gives me a place to focus a little more on Catholicism as a theme.  I do that some, here, of course, and still will.  However, I like the idea of having a place that will be more specific.

7) So, we have a blog and those two do plan to post, even if they haven't yet, and I don't know yet how much the younger two will want to write, but I'm hoping for the best.  I did post, as I said, but I'm more excited that one of my other sisters has also posted, twice! Both here and here.  There's not much there yet, but I'm excited about it anyway!

Have a great weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

5 comments:

  1. It's so great that you are doing something like that with your siblings. I also have several sibling and wish we kept in closer contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! My siblings and I are pretty close, but only one's still a practicing Catholic, and I definitely don't think he's into it enough to be talking about it on something like a blog. (Maybe someday!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for siblings. Double yay for siblings blogging together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 I did not know and #3 my husband also has that talent :) I'll go to the links now.

    ReplyDelete