Friday, July 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)
1) Well, I may not being the most successful with my stated goals of 3 posts per week in July with only one link up, but neither am I horribly far off the mark.  Oh, well.  The real point was to post consistently this month, and I think I have at least managed that and we're halfway in!

2) This week feels a little less awful than last week, but I am still not hitting the right work/life balance. Work feels a little all consuming, and I hate that.  I did get a chance to go for a walk with E. from Lavished with Lemons (but I can't link you up since it's a private blog now).  That was fantastic, because there are unfortunately far too few people in where I live that get where I'm coming from, but she does.  Poor thing, she reads my blog and often has to hear the same things again in person! My brain was fried and I may not have been the best company, but it was needed for me, so I hope she didn't mind too much!

3) I went to Whole Paycheck Whole Foods this week.  I normally avoid the lure of the bright colors and tasty but ridiculously expensive artisan food.  But I went.  Partly because I get ashamed of showing my face buying the same things over and over at the little local grocery store I go to.  Seriously, I'm in there every 2-3 days and get the same things over and over again.  Anyway, WF has fun things that I can't get every day, and I didn't make it out of the produce section before I knew the bill really was going to feel like my whole paycheck. Good thing it's so far away from me so that it doesn't happen. (The premade sushi that I got? Totally worth it!)

4)  I'm the most musically illiterate person that you will ever meet.  Usually I stick with Christian music, because there are some songs there that I really like.  And then there are the songs that really deserve all of the complaints that Christian music ever gets.  But this take really isn't about that.  I was listening to a national station, and all of a sudden I heard them talking about NFP!  I was surprised, but it was great to hear.  Maybe it won't just be the Catholics anymore.

5) This week, I had the strangest thing happen.  There was 67% humidity, and I commented how nice that was.  I never thought I would say such a crazy thing, unless I was comparing it to 90% humidity, but another summer of ridiculous fires throughout the West has made me learn to appreciate and be grateful for different things.

6) Does anyone else use gmail?  I hate, hate, hate the new changes that they've made by separating things into different inboxes.  It's an inbox, let incoming mail come to one place!  It's stupid and now I have to check 3 different tabs to see whatever new mail I've gotten.  It's stupid.  Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan and that it's stupid?

7) In effort not to crash my computer, I have STILL not uploaded my photos from last week.  But I like to end with photos, so here's an old one.

Columbines two weeks in a row.  Why not?
Have a fantastic weekend and head over to Jen's for more QT's!

8 comments:

  1. I think I could say I agree with each of your 7 takes. About #2 it is so nice to have someone who just understands what you are talking about. Just came back from a long walk with a good friend. Sometimes it is just what you need. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh-oh...I better see, I didn't notice any change in my gmail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of the tabs, either. I don't know why they just can't leave things alone!
    Very cool that they were talking about NFP...as long as it wasn't negative! :)
    Pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!!! That thing with gmail...I just closed it, I have no idea what's going on there!! I'll find out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know gmail did that! I need to check specific folders?! I thought technology was suppose to make our lives easier. That is awesome that they were talking about NFP on the radio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whole Paycheck...true that!
    Love the columbines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard it said that you can opt out of the tabs in gmail if you want. I haven't tried it yet so I don't quite know how...I think if you click the email they sent you when they started the tabs, there's something about customizing, and if you click that it talks about disabling tabs. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how/if it works, but maybe it's worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. #6 - seconded! The tabs are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete