1) Well, I committed to trying to write 3 posts a week for the month of July.
Clearly I'm off to a rip roaring start for the month.
2) To be fair, I thought I had written one this month and I forgot that the first of the month was actually Monday. Either way, this is two on the week, so that's not too far off.
3) I'm taking a 4 day weekend sort of under protest. I know, I know, who in their right mind would protest a long weekend? The thing is, there just weren't enough patients that were interested in coming in today to make it worth opening the clinic. I didn't want to take it off because I don't like to travel on extremely busy weekends, and what a waste to have 4 days in a row (and PTO) if you're not going somewhere amazing!
4) Except it's not. I got to hike yesterday and then drive around. I saw a moose! They're one of my favorite things to spot. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a good picture, so this will have to suffice.
|I mean, at least it isn't a blob that I have to try to convince you is a moose, but I wish you could see him a little better.|
5) I admit that the moose was my 4th celebration. I just wasn't feeling the crowds and the late night for fireworks, and I wasn't on top of things enough to arrange a BBQ with the friends. The hike was nice; not as beautiful as last Saturday, but they can't all be. Even more exciting than breaking the barrier weight (which has fluctuated over the week, but is currently at what it was a week ago... though it'll go up after my ice cream this weekend) is that my hikes this week have been at about 2 mph. I know those of you that are runners may not find that impressive, but for a hike, it's not too shabby. My speed will go down when I start picking up some steeper hikes again, but I'm excited about that time. The numbers on the scale are nice, but the improvement in fitness level is what I really enjoy!
6) I'm a little nervous. I have been wanting a canvas print of one of my photos for about 2 years now. But I didn't know which photo to choose, and they're expensive, and I didn't know what size to get, and I was afraid of what would happen when it was blown up that large. So I've never ordered one. Until today. I got the one at the end of the post from Saturday's hike. I'm sure that the subject is perfect for a canvas, but sometimes there are imperfections in the photo that I don't see until I get a print. I'm afraid that this will be one of those cases. Maybe it'll be a little blurry when it's HUGE, maybe the color won't look right. But what are you going to do? Never take the chance? There's currently a 50% off sale, so I decided to bite the bullet and take the chance. If it turns out looking as good as it does on my screen, it'll be well worth it!
7) Okay, I need to get back to my long list of stuff again. I'll leave you with one of my favorite things about hiking this time of year:
|A plethora of wildflowers|
Enjoy the weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!