Friday, July 5, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)



1) Well, I committed to trying to write 3 posts a week for the month of July.
...
...

Clearly I'm off to a rip roaring start for the month.

2) To be fair, I thought I had written one this month and I forgot that the first of the month was actually Monday.  Either way, this is two on the week, so that's not too far off.

3) I'm taking a 4 day weekend sort of under protest.  I know, I know, who in their right mind would protest a long weekend?  The thing is, there just weren't enough patients that were interested in coming in today to make it worth opening the clinic.  I didn't want to take it off because I don't like to travel on extremely busy weekends, and what a waste to have 4 days in a row (and PTO) if you're not going somewhere amazing!

4) Except it's not.  I got to hike yesterday and then drive around.  I saw a moose!  They're one of my favorite things to spot.  Unfortunately, I was not able to get a good picture, so this will have to suffice.

I mean, at least it isn't a blob that I have to try to convince you is a moose, but I wish you could see him a little better.
And today I have been able to use to start to get caught up on some of the craziness that has been stressing me out.  I started by catching up on some sleep, then I went to Mass, got groceries, paid some bills, am currently over halfway through my laundry and am slowly working on cleaning up and getting caught up on some work paperwork.  With every task I complete, I feel a little bit of the load roll off.  So I'm glad things worked out the way they did, even if it's not what I originally thought I wanted.  And I get to go hiking again tomorrow!  And then still have Sunday off!

5) I admit that the moose was my 4th celebration.  I just wasn't feeling the crowds and the late night for fireworks, and I wasn't on top of things enough to arrange a BBQ with the friends.  The hike was nice; not as beautiful as last Saturday, but they can't all be.  Even more exciting than breaking the barrier weight (which has fluctuated over the week, but is currently at what it was a week ago... though it'll go up after my ice cream this weekend) is that my hikes this week have been at about 2 mph.  I know those of you that are runners may not find that impressive, but for a hike, it's not too shabby.  My speed will go down when I start picking up some steeper hikes again, but I'm excited about that time.  The numbers on the scale are nice, but the improvement in fitness level is what I really enjoy!

6) I'm a little nervous.  I have been wanting a canvas print of one of my photos for about 2 years now.  But I didn't know which photo to choose, and they're expensive, and I didn't know what size to get, and I was afraid of what would happen when it was blown up that large.  So I've never ordered one.  Until today.  I got the one at the end of the post from Saturday's hike. I'm sure that the subject is perfect for a canvas, but sometimes there are imperfections in the photo that I don't see until I get a print. I'm afraid that this will be one of those cases.  Maybe it'll be a little blurry when it's HUGE, maybe the color won't look right.  But what are you going to do? Never take the chance?  There's currently a 50% off sale, so I decided to bite the bullet and take the chance. If it turns out looking as good as it does on my screen, it'll be well worth it!

7) Okay, I need to get back to my long list of stuff again.  I'll leave you with one of my favorite things about hiking this time of year:
A plethora of wildflowers
Enjoy the weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

6 comments:

  1. I love that you always share awesome pictures with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so cool to just happen to see a moose while driving/hiking around! (Probably more so to be driving since I've heard they can be pretty mean!)
    Can't wait to see what you chose for your canvas print!
    Sometimes the 4th is nice when you stay away from the crowds & have your own little celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were pleasantly surprised to realize we could see our town's fireworks from our front porch last night. We always spend the day at my Dad's and he sets off some in their yard, and then we head home and catch the town's on the way home. I loved sitting on my porch watching them last night - no crowds, yes fireworks. I think I will really never move again now :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we didn't do anything big for the 4th this year either just walked around our new neighborhood. Love the picture you chose for the canvas print, I think it will come out nice! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how each type of flower seems to have claimed a color for their own. Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh M.! As I went through Saturday's post I found each one to be a stunning picture- but yes, that last one is simply incredible. I am sure the canvas will look great- what size did you get?? I hope you take a picture of it on your wall so I can see how great it looks in the room! Stunning- just stunning!

    ReplyDelete