Sunday, June 23, 2013

'Cuz Whiners Gotta Whine

Well, I think I get the day off tomorrow.  Not for anything fun.  I think I have food poisoning.  All I know is that it's been a looong 24 hours.  I really got off easy compared to some.  The worst was last night, and today is more just fever and achiness.  I have currently been up for almost 30 minutes, which is a record for me.  Earlier this afternoon, I was sitting up for 20 minutes, and then took an hour nap.

Here's the thing, I have been extremely fortunate and hadn't had any kind of a stomach bug in almost 20 years.  I forgot how much it hurts.  I was so melodramatic as to lie on my couch and moan and groan last night.  I live alone, so I can get away with those kinds of theatrics. I didn't even mind having to pay homage to the porcelain god, because it took the edge off the pain, so I was all for it.

The point of bringing this all up (besides the fact that I'm bored, and that I like to fill you in on waaay more than you ever wanted to know) is to salute moms.  I was thinking at one point yesterday when I couldn't even stand up straight "Holy crap!  What if I had to take care of kids right now, and what if they were puking their guts out ALL over the place?"  And so I was instantly convinced that I live a life of ease and comfort because I have the luxury of just being sick when I'm sick.

Believe me, if I had the opportunity to be sick while taking care of my sick kids, I would do it in a heartbeat.  Would I just be grateful to have the opportunity to have a family with all that entails?  HEELLLL, no. I could do it, and it would be well worth it, but it would still suck.  Also? Good reason not to purposely seek single parenthood.

Anyway, moms, I salute you.  Because even when you have a helpful, supportive husband, you're still a mom even when you're sick.

And now I'm going to see if I can eat a little rice.  My first meal of the day, and not so much in keeping with paleo, but it's the only thing I have that sounds even a little possible, and I should probably try to eat something.

Also, please pray for rain in the West.  There are fires everywhere, some are threatening entire towns, and many people have lost everything. Makes a little bug seem pretty minor in comparison.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yuck!! I hope you feel better soon! Stomach bugs are the worst. ;/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon and yes I will pray for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, being sick is no fun =( I hate how it can just wipe you out. I hope you feel better very soon! And I will pray for rain. It was so dry in CO during our trip earlier this month, and kind of unsettling to think of whole forests burning. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete