Many of you know that there is stuff going on here, but there is stuff going on everywhere. I choose to avoid the stuff for this post and focus on my current mundane and inane obsessions instead.
1) I'm sort of becoming that annoying health nut. I mean, it's been a long slow process and I was not overly healthy there for a while, so I didn't recognize it. But I am currently obsessed with whole foods. Not the grocery store chain, but the kinds of foods that you buy that don't have all the ingredients and nutrient labels because they are an apple or a hunk of meat. Those things that do have ingredient lists are the ones that I only want to see a couple of ingredients. It is to the point that I walk up and down the aisles of a grocery store and see few things that appeal to me as something that I would want to eat. Obnoxious? Yes, most definitely. But the way that I feel when I eat this way reinforces the behavior. Also the scale reinforces the behavior.
2) Bacon. Yep. I know it's not the first thing that we all think of when we think of healthy eating. In fact, I do not claim that it is healthy. Nor do I claim to be consistent. All I can tell you is that I am obsessed with it and loving it and I don't feel crappy when I eat it, so I probably won't stop right away. Of course, because of #1 it has to be all preservative free and nitrate free.
3) Because of the stuff going on, I turned to comfort food earlier this week. The junk foods of choice? Sweet potato chips and a couple of peanut butter chocolate chip La.rabar (which is a fruit and nut bar). All organic, of course. I got it home and shook my head because it's neither respectable junk food nor health food. It was good, though. And it's better than other things that I could be stress eating.
4) Pine nuts. Oh my goodness. I have never had these before and they are so amazing. They are expensive and they are fatty (17g of fat per ounce!), but they are SO tasty. I toast them up in a dry skillet and then eat them on greens with a bit of raspberry vinaigrette. YUM! Of course, I try to use them sparingly both due to economic and calorie cost.
5) Freezing blended fruits. It's so nice to have something cold to eat when it's hot. I like to throw some berries and a banana in the blender along with a bit of baby spinach and freeze it. My new and most dangerous one is bananas with cocoa and almond butter.
So, let's see. I think I'm being healthy, but I'm obsessed with fatty and sweet things. I mean, that much fruit is a LOT of sugar, even though it's the kind I'm okay with (no processed sugar or added sugar). I guess that makes me an extra obnoxious health nut as I am also hypocritical.
6) I am obsessed with other things besides food. I am also obsessed with Parks and Recreation right now. It cracks me up! The Chris guy? (I think that's his name, the one played by Rob Lowe. ) Cracks me up, and totally the kind of obnoxious health nut that I'm talking about.
7) Okay, you've made it through that most boring of QT's, so I feel that I should see if I can find a picture rather than subject you to another take.
|Sunrise; also an obsession for me.|
There you go. Have a great one and head over to Jen's for more (and better!) QT's!