Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I would write a post about one of my several ideas about various topics, but I can't.  I've forgotten how. Unless it's Quick Takes, I am pretty sure I don't know how to blog anymore.  But that's okay, because I also don't know how to pray anymore. And, no, I'm not feeling depressed about anything at all.  Easter was actually quite wonderful.  The blogging thing is probably just writer's block.  Though my usual issue is that I want to write but don't have a topic.  I have topics, I just don't know how to write.  I'm sure I'll figure it out.  Maybe Thursday.

I'm a little lost. (Maybe that's obvious?) I picked some things for Lent that required changing my routines.  It was really good for me, and I want to keep some of the new habits.  But I'm not sure how to to fit it to a more moderate, non-Lent time. Also, I had a crazy day at work today, and my brain is fried. And I had to try something new yesterday.  Can we say overstimulated? And I have to have a marketing meeting with my boss tomorrow, which about made me pop a blood vessel.  Why? Because I hate, hate, hate marketing with an unholy passion and the mere word makes me twist up into an uncomfortable ball of, of... I don't know.  Something twist-y and uncomfortable.  I acknowledge the need to do it, and my need to overcome my weakness in this area, but yuck, yuck, yuck.  Sorry, I can't help myself.  My dislike must be expressed in 3's, apparently, because one is not enough and I can't think of other words.

Someday, when I'm less stressed by unholy amounts of paperwork, the stress of doing marketing crap (when I barely have time to do paperwork, and when I have to do stupid stuff that I disagree with and feel makes us look bad- especially when there are marketing things that I do like to do and feel is more my speed, style and strength) and when I'm not trying to figure out the autonomic nervous system (long story), and when I can, you know, think; on that day I will try to write a real post about real things.

Also, I have to be careful, or my curbing of the sweets will be right out the door in a hurry.  Someone gave me a sea salt and almond dark chocolate bar.  Because I was stressed today, I ate it.  All of it.  I didn't bother to see how many servings were supposed to be in it.  I'd like to think two, but I'm guessing at least 3.  But it was absolutely divine.

What am I even talking about? Sorry.  No idea what that had to do with anything.  Other than it was such good chocolate that I had to tell you about it.

 Anyway, for something that is not all whiny and complain-y, and something to make this weird and fragmented post worth the time that it took you to read it, I found a must-read article thanks to Susie (thanks for the link!)  I've been thinking of all the women I know that have lost a child to miscarriage and stillbirth.  These lives are so precious and have meant so much to their parents and those of us fortunate to have some small share in their lives.  This article is about a baby that may be a real instrument of healing to this family.  It's a truly beautiful story.  And, being familiar with the particular paper that it appeared in, I was shocked (in a good way) at how well the faith-based aspects of the story were presented.

The life of Ezra

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I strongly dislike marketing too. I am not very good at it. The chocolate bar sounds really good, now I will go get some chocolate for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something twisty and uncomfortable...hhhmmmmm.....a pretzel? I wanna cheer you up :D I hope you finish this marketing thing that you hate soon (think of it as a challenge, a mountain to hike, once you´re done you´ll feel like you´re at the top looking down...oh, so much better!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax... the writing will come! I thought you did a great job with this post! Sorry about your frustration, but it sounds like that chocolate was just what you needed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on fitting the habits formed during Lent into non-Lenten time. I've failed miserably this week and I must figure it out! I'll be praying for you!

    Thanks for linking to the story about Ezra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ezra's story was a true tear-jerker. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete