Thursday, April 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)


1) Thanks so much for all the prayers for the baptism.  It went well; I think it really helped to go to my normal Mass.  Some of the conversation got a little tough toward the end of the time, but luckily I had been there long enough to be able to leave at that point.  The rest was great, though, and it was really good to catch up with my friends and be there for an important moment like that.  It helps to know that I'm not alone and that other people understand what it's like at those kinds of events!

2) Well, I have been told over and over that I need to watch Downton Abbey.  I finally started.  And... I don't know.  Everything I heard about it made me think that I would be completely enthralled with it, but I'm not.  I like it, and I intend to watch more of it, but so far I don't quite have the fever.  I just finished the first season and I got really annoyed with all of the horrible situations that came about because people were being horrible to each other.  See, I know that's drama and it's what's supposed to pull me in, but it turns me off to some degree.  I think I was starting to get pulled in a little more toward the end as the characters got more familiar, but the other seasons are on DVD, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. I've heard several people say that it gets better after the first season, so that's what I'm hoping for.  I don't want to be the only one on the planet that merely likes the show okay!

3) I did hear that Masterpiece Classic has another show that just started here and did well over in Britain, called "Mr. Selfridge".  I decided that instead of getting so far behind like with Downton, I'd start this one sooner (it has Jeremy Piven in it, and I like his work- what I've seen of it; I generally avoid the rated R stuff that he seems to have so much of).  This way I can see what I think of it before there's hype about it everywhere.  And there may not be hype everywhere.  I don't know. Because it's new.  It's kind of nice to be watching something when it's new and unknown, as opposed to Downton or even LOST (which I didn't start watching until it was in something like the 4th or 5th season) which I finally watched because I got worn down by all the hype.

4) We got on the rock last week!  I'm so excited that it's the season to be on rock again.  We had to go to the gym this week due to weather, but it's much less fun right now compared to rock.

5) I made the mistake of staying up late reading a book Sunday night.  Yeah, that's right.  The night before Monday when I had to be up to go to work.  It is amazing how I cannot seem to catch up on sleep! As much as I would love to be married and have kids, I'm not going to lie; I do like being able to sleep. I do not consider myself lucky to be able to sleep through the night.  I consider those of you with children lucky to have children to get up with and make yourself zombies for.  Nonetheless, it is a dark cloud with no silver lining, and this silver lining has a comfy pillow to drift away on.

6) Hmm, I'm out of practice and not sure what to say.  Not only that, but all this talk about sleep reminds me that I wanted to get to bed early.  So let's skip to...

7) A picture.  But not a new one, because I don't have very many new ones right now.  Let's try an old one.  Like this:

Okay, now I'm ready to go back!
For more Quick Takes, head over to Grace's, as Jen is understandably taking a break.  Continuing to pray for the whole Fulweiler clan that has a rough go of it these last few months! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture! I am only hyped about Downton Abbey when it's season is running after that I forget about it because I am so mad that it takes so long for another season and each season is so short. I am gonna check out that other show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Season 2, I had the same reaction initially but after watching the 2nd without feeling like I had to LOVE IT, I'm now a fan.

    Restful, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete