2) So... You may have heard that Catholics are currently without a pope. In all seriousness, I have no words to express my love and thanks to Papa Benedict. My prayers are with him.
3) I just started reading a blog that perhaps many of you are already familiar with, but they had a unique experience with saying goodbye to the pope!
4) To anyone who is feeling a little fatherless tonight... We are, a little, but remember that the pope is a servant of God. One beautiful, humble servant stepped down since he did not feel fully able to perform his duties well, but we are not without a head. The head of the Church is Christ. It is always Him, but in some ways, a brief period without an earthly head is a good reminder of who the true leader of the Church is.
5) Definitely joined the novena for Pope Benedict in his last days as pope, and will now be praying for the conclave and the next pope. There is another novena coming up for that (and I love having the daily prayers delivered to my inbox; I get them prayed that way!). I have also adopted a cardinal to pray for specifically, and while I will be praying for all of them, Cardinal Vinko Puljic will have a special place in my prayers through the conclave. I think it's a great way to support our cardinals during this time, for anyone that's interested!
6) No, not ALL of my QT's will be about the pope... How about one about Lent? As I mentioned, my Lent has not been exactly perfect, shall we say. One of the biggest reasons that I struggle with this is that I usually go whole hog. If I give something up, I give it all the way up. Whereas this Lent has been more about moderation (or the lack thereof). One of the things that I think I need to realize is that my Lenten experience should not be about my perfect following of Lenten resolutions. If I follow them perfectly and feel like I had a "good Lent", does that matter? Really, I think I need to remember that Lent is about clearing away the obstacles so that I can stand closer to God. So maybe this Lent needs to be about not letting my lack of perfection in my Lenten observances stand in the way. While, of course, still striving to do better.
7) Whew! Made it! Even if I won't be able to officially link up with Jen this week, head over to her place for more QT's. Have a fantastic weekend!