Thursday, January 24, 2013

Playing Catch Up

It's been a great couple of weeks, but busy.  Now I'm trying to get somewhat caught up.  I was going to do a Quick Takes to get caught up, but I think I'm going to join up with those that are going dark for life tomorrow. It's not as though anyone will notice, they'll just think that I'm still being a big old slacker over here.  But I will know.  On the 40th anniversary of the legalization of abortion, I feel the need to make some grand gesture, but I do not know of any grand gestures that I can do.  So I will do a little one, because it's better than nothing.  It's been too long since I've been to adoration, so that is where I will spend part of my evening when I would normally be blogging or watching TV.

So, I'm getting caught up because I was in San Diego this past week.  I was only there for 5 days (a little less, actually), but as I was getting ready to leave my plumbing went out (as in, major leak and some sort of septic tank back up).  Luckily, I just happened to catch it right away, and it's one of those times that I was extremely thankful to be renting.  When I left town, there were tarps everywhere and men in my basement, but the landlord was here to take care of things, so I still made my flight.  That got added on top of the normal things to get ready to leave.

I've been back for a couple of days, but I'm still trying to get everything settled.  Let me tell you, I think my priorities may be skewed. As in, I have been through all my pictures (and let me tell you, I took way more than any sane person should ever take!), I have uploaded them so that I can start ordering some prints that I want.  I have spent some time trying to figure out where and how I want to share them online.  Here's the dilemma.  I hate fb's picture policy and always have. However, I've shared pictures on there anyway because I like to share them with my friends. But I've always been a little uncomfortable. Same thing on this blog.  There are pictures that I have put up, but have thought that maybe I should have a watermark on. So I'm working through what I want to do about all of that, but in the meantime I have some awesome pictures that I'm dying to share!

Also, I started "The Blue Castle" by LM Montgomery because this delightful blogger brought it up (I don't remember just where) and I love LMM, so I thought I should try it.  I thought it would be great to have on the ki.ndle for the trip, and it was, but I made the mistake of starting it on the flight home.  Then I couldn't stop.  There are dishes still in my sink (since I couldn't wash them before I left due to the lack of plumbing situation), but I have done a lot with my pictures and finished my book.  Yeah, it makes a lot of sense, right?

While I was in S.D., I was technically there for a class, but I got there a day early so I had some time to spend at the ocean and wandering around a bit.  My flight out wasn't until late afternoon, so I got to check out the zoo and the snoozing baby panda.  The class was fantastic and should not only give me another tool to use for my practice, but could even help take it to the next level!  No, really, it was that good!

I am slowly catching up on blogs as well.  I'm sorry I'm not commenting quite as frequently, but I'm at least reading, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I use Smug Mug for my pictures, and I love it. I love that I can have (seemingly?) unlimited galleries and albums. I'm a bit obsessed with pictures so it works for me! And content can be locked if desired.

    I'm glad the class was beneficial! You sound rejuvenated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great time! And yay baby pandas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like such a fun trip! And seriously, isn't that book the best? I read it the day after I got it for Christmas, and now I've just finished re-reading it...and I swear I'm already wishing I could re-read it again. I see a serious LMM binge in my future!

    ReplyDelete