Thursday, December 6, 2012

For He Comes!

I think the number one thing that I have been learning about waiting in the last couple of weeks is summed up perfectly in what I read during morning prayer on the first Sunday in Advent:

Let us shout for joy at the presence of the Lord, for He comes! 

For He comes.

So much of waiting is about surrender.  We have to give up control. We have to give up our plans. We have to give up our desires. We have to give up our timing.

But, He comes.

He comes in our weakness, in our fear, in our tears, in our pain, in our grumbling.

He comes in our joys, in our triumphs, in our learning, in our growth along the way.

He comes in our family, in our friends, in small kindnesses of strangers, in sharing our journey with others.

He comes in the unexplained peace and the unending darkness.

He has come, He is here.

And He will come in answer to our prayers.  What the answer will be, how it will look, and when it will come, I have no idea. But He will come.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You have such a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is I needed this tonight. Thank-you for being the vessel through which He comes.

    ReplyDelete