Friday, November 9, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)
1) I keep trying to jump on the political bandwagon, because I have many things that I want to say, but then I find that I can't quite figure out how to say them.  Maybe later.

2) In the meantime, why don't I follow up with more perfectly meaningless nonsense? Because I can easily bore you to death with that.  Speaking of boring people (I mean, causing them to be bored, not people that are boring), I think I must have gotten one person really bored. I have few followers, so I notice when one drops out.  Not that I blame you!  But I miss you nonetheless.  Since I haven't yet gotten around to any sort of a political post, I'll have to assume boredom rather than that I offended someone.

3) I finally got some clothes shopping done this week! I noticed that many of my pants are wearing out, my shoes have no tread, and I am so bored of all my tops that I can hardly make myself get dressed for work in the morning.  So I went shopping and got some new stuff.  I think I did okay. Everywhere was having a sale. Most were less than 25% off (but they called it buy one, get one 50% off), but still. Some sale is better than no sale! And I found a stash of socks that was buy one, get one free.  That's good, because I have a lot of threadbare socks!

4) There is one thing that I bought that I question whether I will wear.  It's a skinny animal-ish print belt (though the actual color and pattern mix matches no animal that I know of). We shall see.

5) The one thing that I wanted to get and didn't was some more make up. Make up makes me miserable. I need to try some more brands and see if that helps, but I dread the headaches and red, burn-y eyes for the make ups that don't work. 

6) I don't really want to work today.  It sounds like it's going to be busy.  I can just skip it, right?  Right?

7) So the next few days should be interesting. I have two things to go to in the next 3 or 4 days that I shall name Awkward and More Awkward.  There is a chance that they will both be equally awkward, but there is no chance that there will not be awkwardness involved. Can't wait.  But there's a good chance that it'll make for good blog post material, so we can always hope for that at least!

Have a great weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

8 comments:

  1. Glad shopping went well, yay new stuff!
    Make-up confuses me but doesn't hurt generally, sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray shopping! I love a sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the make-up dilemma too! I have super sensitive skin and most make up makes me break out or irritates me. I am going to try a new make-up from Arbonne, I will let you know how it goes. Now , I am interested in your awkward posts coming up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy clothes shopping - not the whole trying them on, but the I-can't-wait-to-wear-my-new-clothes feeling. By then, I've weeded all the stuff that fits poorly or makes me look awful. :-)
    Makeup is hard. I wish there was some way I could snap my fingers in the morning & I would be dressed, hair done & makeup on. But I haven't figured out how to do that. Yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that problem with makeup too. I just haven't worn any for months. I'd like to try it again, but I don't want the itchy eyes and stiff feeling skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not bored! Still reading but not commenting as much. Congrats on shopping - always a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderfully enlightening blogger! It's the start of the holiday season, people are frantic. Keep writing, friend! I love your blog! Also, we will definitely do Santa Fe...maybe Feb?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only makeup I can stand is Bare Minerals, but I don't like makeup in general. Growing up a tomboy meant that I don't think I wore makeup at all until I was in my twenties (right about when my hormones went wonky and I started having breakouts for the first time in my life).
    Really interested in your upcoming post on the awkward moments. It's always fun reading about that kind of thing :). Although, I'm sorry you're put in a position like that!

    ReplyDelete