1) Yesterday was my day off. I didn't get my workout in like I'd planned, I didn't get a single thing picked up in my house, I didn't do any of the paperwork stuff I needed to work on, I didn't get grocery shopping done or even so much as a grocery list made up, and I didn't make it very much farther in studying the Creighton stuff that I need to be going over. But, it was still a great day off, and let me tell you several reasons why.
2) Hello! It was a day off!
3) I didn't get my workout in, but I did get to sleep in.
4) I still got up in time to make it to Mass.
5) I went to a physical therapy clinic for the first time ever as an actual patient. Luckily, because I am a physical therapist, I know who some of the good therapists are and who is going to treat the way that's going to work well for me (because there are really good therapists and some pretty mediocre ones). It was fascinating to be on the other end of things! I didn't go to my own clinic for a couple of reasons, but one is because I think it's too easy to get distracted by other things when you're at your own work place. The other is because one of the types of treatment that I knew I really needed you have to be certified to do. The only therapist certified for this treatment at my clinic? Me. And it's not something I can treat on myself. It's a little humbling to realize how much work I need to do myself when I preach it all day to other people, but it's absolutely awesome to have someone take a look at it so that I can now know what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. It was great to leave and be able to turn my head to check my blind spot without that nagging pain. I have some work to do, but now I have something specific to do to help fix it. Now I love physical therapy as a PT and as a patient!
Whew! That was long, but because of 2-4, I think I can still qualify for QT's.
6) I got to have a skype date with 3 of my favorite little guys and between looking at the toy gun, toy car and yo-yo they had to show me, I even got to chat a little with their mother. :) Also, just so you know, jedi's use blue light sabers, and the storm troopers are the bad guys and use red light sabers. These are very important points.
7) I got to climb!! It was only easy stuff, and I didn't do too much, but I got to climb and it felt amazing to be on the wall again. These silly nagging injuries have kept me out for about 3 weeks and I didn't know how much I missed it. The climbs I did weren't even a challenge, but I didn't care. (I was trying to take it easy. Too many patients overdo and aggravate their injuries; I'm trying not to be the stereotypical PT that makes the worst patient!)