Friday, November 2, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 193)
1) So, I joined a novena to pray for the election.  The very first day I saw an odd line at the end of the prayer:

"Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me, a whiner."

And then I realized that I had (of course) read it wrong.  The last word was really "sinner". Freudian slip of reading comprehension, perhaps?

2) I promise I'll try to keep the whining to a minimum, but I do have one whiny take.  Because... This weekend is the time change.  We gain an hour, which I guess is nice.  Ish. But I hate losing the light in the evening. It's bad enough with the days getting shorter anyway. But I hate getting of work and having it be pitch black out. Somehow it makes me feel like my whole life is at work.  And, it seems like it keeps getting more difficult to get adjusted to a different time.  Blerg.

3) The other day I was watching a reality show set in Australia.  First of all, I love that I forget how big Australia actually is. I mean, I knew it was big, but I apparently kept picturing big like Texas.  Yeah, I know better, but obviously I still have a problem with how I picture things sometimes.  Anyway, my favorite part (besides the accents) was that when they met someone new, they'd ask "How're you going?"  I don't know, maybe because it was both similar and different than here, but it made me smile.

4) Love pomegranates, hate how much work it takes to get the fruit.

5) Hart of Dixie is the new show I've been watching recently.  I get on kicks sometimes, and there's been a couple of things going on recently, so I watch TV. I like to get lost in other peoples' over the tp problems. It really is amazing how one small town can have so many good looking people in it.

6) I'm out, so you get two pictures from the sand dunes from last month.



7)

Have a great weekend and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

7 comments:

  1. The time change is tough for me too.
    Yay for finding a fun new show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that prayer...sounds like one I need to start praying! ;) And I remember thinking last year that it wasn't the cold I liked least in winter, it was the darkness. So dark and depressing! Im with ya.

    So I just found a link this past week that is life-changing: "How to de-seed a pomegranate in under a minute." Thank you, Pinterest! http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/03/de-seed-a-pomegranate-in-under-a-minute/

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I do stuff like read stuff wrong, I wonder if God is trying to tell me something! :)
    Checked out the pom post...very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yup, that definitely sounds like a fruedian slip...though, I have to say, a quite accurate slip in reference to our society's general attitude.

    also, I just found your blog and love your headlining quote! can totally relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the time change complaint! I've been enjoying getting to see the sunrise without waking up at 5am, AND being able to leave work when it's still light out. It's depressing to get home and have it already be dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The older I get the harder the time change is for sure. As cold as it gets it is still a good idea to get outside in the light for just a little bit each day. It helps keep the winter 'blues' away.
    I just found your blog and I am enjoying reading through your posts.
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up to do a novena for this election as well - the first novena I've done (and actually completed) in over 15 years. Hoping our prayers are answered!

    ReplyDelete