Friday, September 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 163)
1) I realized something this week. As much as I like to get snotty and elitist about some Christian "art", I do love and have missed Christian music. Sometimes the lyrics are lame and the theology is plain bad, but listening to it makes me happy. Since I moved here, I've been unable to find a station that I like, but I found one this week!  Areas of reception are spotty, and I'm sure the moment that it switches to the patter of the DJ's handing out cliches, I'll start the eye rolling again*, but I am loving the music!

2) It's interesting how things like that can sometimes make such a big difference, and you didn't even know you needed it.

3) Many of the leaves are already past their peak, and there was snow in the higher elevations briefly! Snow! I'm so excited, I can't even handle it. I don't know if we'll get much snow this year, but I'm praying for buckets and buckets and buckets of it!  It has been so hot for so long, I want a nice, long, cold, snowy winter. Y'all might think I'm crazy, but I don't care. I have visions of strapping on snowshoes and plunge stepping down hillsides. I have cross country, backcountry and downhill skiing to work on.  I have layers of cold weather gear waiting to be worn!  I have avy gear** that is collecting dust and needs to be used! Please, God, let it snow and snow lots all over the state all winter long!!

4) Along that same vein, last night I got home from work, and I was a little chilly.  It kind of threw me for a loop.  I couldn't quite figure out what to do.  Did I really need to turn on the furnace already?  That seemed premature, and overkill besides. Then I realized the answer... Fleece!  It was so awesome.  I love fleece and feeling all warm and comfy. I admit to nothing, but I am also not denying that there may have been some actual jumping up and down with excitement over getting to wear fleece and being a little chilly.

5) Unfortunately, I don't think the cool down's supposed to last long.

 6) I have been weird about climbing lately.  I think there was so much progress that was made in the first year that then there was a lot of pressure to keep doing more and harder things. And then I had to give myself permission to not worry about it so much. And then I didn't try hard enough.  It's hard to explain, but all I really want to say is that I went climbing this week, and it felt back in the groove.  It felt like I was pushing myself, but in all the right ways.  Sorry, that probably doesn't make much sense. Let me rephrase: Yay for fun climbing and pushing until I fell off the wall and getting back on the wall and for accomplishing something challenging, but not too far off the reservation in terms of comfort level!

7) And with that, I'll leave you a picture.  Since I don't have any new ones uploaded and ready to go, let's go with a favorite of mine from last year that fits the theme.


Have a great weekend and head over to Grace's for more Quick Takes, as she is hosting for Jen this week!

*I don't think this elitist, eye rolling attitude is a good thing, but I'm being honest here.
**Avalanche gear

6 comments:

  1. I love the cooler weather myself. I don't really hope for snow because I like it when the kids don't have any snow days. but I'll take some cold for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about this? You can get LOTS of snow AND keep it all :) - well, maybe share some on Christmas :).

    Love that picture - fall is my absolute favorite season - the colors, the temperatures, the football, the food, the smells, ALL OF IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the cold weather and snow, too! I've never gone snowshoeing and I'm very very excited to try it this winter, so I'm really hoping we/the mountains/everywhere gets lots of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love snow also!!! :) Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. High standards are important...but isn't it funny when you continue to push the bill? Btw, that is a gorgeous picture...the first hints of Fall. :)

    ReplyDelete