1) I actually have many thoughts about which I could blog (and if you were really lucky, I would keep using that fantastic grammar while I did it). I have so many full posts wanting to come out that I almost skipped the Quick Takes this week. But, it turns out that I need the QT's to be a steam valve so I can let off some of the pressure of building thoughts before I explode!
2) Biggest reason for this is that I have friends that think that they need to move. You know, they act like jobs are important and following life dreams are important and whatnot. That's all well and good, but what about me?! I had my last time seeing a friend today (until I can go visit her in her new home, that is) and I also found out this week that another good friend is moving overseas. So many ways that I know these are the right moves for them, but them not being around will definitely leave my world a little more drab for the loss. More on that later, I'm sure.
3) I have run into a couple of situations online and in my family in the last couple of weeks, where I sit back and listen to two different "sides" on an issue. I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with both "sides" in different ways, but what really gets me is the ways that we are not listening to each other. I have heard so much talking at cross purposes that it is unbelievable! It seems that everyone is SO focused on their own viewpoints that they can't even hear what the other person is saying. It turns out that dismissing the points nearest and dearest to the other person's view somehow does not lead to any resolution of the issue. Funny how that works. No doubt I'll subject you to more of my thoughts on the subject later (and hopefully be a little more clear). I apologize in advance.
4) Part of the reason for all these issues building up was the fact that my modem decided to start giving me fits, and I've been without internet for a few days again. I don't do well without internet. Not well at all. I thought I was going to have to wait until I could schedule a tech visit, so I was freaking out about waiting a week or more for internet, but they were able to fix it remotely, so here I am!
5) Since it only lasted a few days, I have to say that there are nice things about internet breaks. Not that I used mine to any great advantage, but sometimes it's good to get out of the routine you've gotten yourself stuck in. (Ooh, ended a sentence with a preposition. I am on a roll with my fantastic grammar today!)
6) This last weekend, I decided to go on a long hike. It was a rare weekend where no one was available to go with me, so I picked a busy area. I stayed in the area the night before to get an early start. I got there, I started hiking, and the clouds built up, and I turned around. Such a let down! But there's a very scenic road in the area, and I decided to drive it instead. So that was nice. And I love that when you're on top of a mountain, the clouds are so close.
7) Then, I decided to go down the mountain on the far side. I know there are a fair number of moose over there, and they're hard to find as a rule. It was the middle of the day, so it was an improbable time to spot any... But I guess improbable is not impossible.
Have a fantastic weekend, and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!
P.S. Word verifications are kicking my rear end right now. I cannot even begin to read some of them, even after asking for several new ones! I had to try twice today to make comments on a couple of different blogs. If you start to see fewer comments from me than usual, and you have enabled wv, then know that it's not because I don't like you; it's because I'm not smart enough to overcome the wv!