Friday, August 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 163)
1) So guess who's jury summons/obligations or whatever were fulfilled by calling in to be told that I was not needed? Of course.

2) Wow. One take down and I got nothing.  There is some serious writer's block around here folks! (Also some being busy, but usually I use blogging as one of many ways to procrastinate, so I can't really blame that).


3) Maybe a picture will help get me going.
Obese marmot
Okay, so I know marmots are cute and you like to try to feed them and whatnot, but the food that's not good for us? Also not good for the animals!  Y'all are always welcome to come for a visit, but don't even think about letting me catch you leaving food for the animals, or littering, or walking off trail.  In other words, be a visitor not a tourist that ruins things for all the many, many other people that are also trying to visit!

And, end rant. Stepping off my soapbox now.

4) Hmm, I really did think that I would show a picture of a cute animal, and that's as far as my plan went.  I didn't mean to get into a snit on you.  Maybe a different picture.

Mountain lake
Ahh, that's more like it.  Much more relaxing. Are you tired of mountain lakes yet?  Because I never get tired of them. I think that I might try to go find some more this weekend.

5) One more.

Fungus
I don't know why.  Maybe because I make you look at flowers all the time, I thought I'd try something different.

6) I have a couple of things that I would like to learn how to do on my camera.  There are a couple of types pictures that I see that, but that I can't pick up on the camera.  I may have to take an actual class someday.

7) Okay, I'm not going to lie and say that I did my best, but I gave you what I've got in effort to try to get some posts up. More because I miss posting than because you need to be subjected to this lameness.

Have a great weekend, and head over to Jen's for less lame QT's!


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fungi! The only ones I've seen in real life are brown, not pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the smile! I promise NOT to feed the Marmot's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever go swimming in the mountain lakes? Because I think that's what I'd want to do every time I saw one. And wading in the creeks. They look so fresh! I imagine they're freezing, but it's been so hot this summer that I would welcome a frigid dip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mushroom looks like it wandered straight out of a fairy tale illustration! And I don't know who could ever get tired of mountain lakes. Crazy people, I guess.

    ReplyDelete