Friday, July 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 163)
1) Thanks to those who took the time to read, watch the video, and comment on this post. It is rather intense, but the fact that you would voluntarily take a moment to see something of what it was like and then pray for a community that needs it, means a lot. I've been hearing more stories in the last few days of what it was like for those that were near and in the fire as they tried to evacuate and as they lost their homes. It's going to be very tough for them, and I'm realizing how wonderfully sheltered I was.

2) I am SO excited about all the babies right now! Or, at least in the last month.  And there are probably a couple I'm missing and there are certainly a lot of other ones that I'm excited about, but that have come along within the last several months.  So wonderful!  Still praying for those that are waiting and that there will be more exciting news to come. Also praying for smooth finalizations with the adoptions and healthy pregnancies.


3) I have this urge to write a really good blog post.  The kind that sort of wells up and flows out; the kind that doesn't just talk about a topic, it actually says something.  Unfortunately, I am fresh out of those kinds of topics. If you're wanting insight and whatnot, you may have to move to a different blog.  For now, all you get is the mishmash of yammering that you have seen here in the last couple of months.


4) But, hey! At least I have pictures to brighten up the mishmash!




After walking through meadows bursting with wildflowers, I can no longer appreciate well tended beds of domesticated flowers. Not that they aren't pretty, but they just do nothing for me compared with these guys.


5) One more, just because I'm obsessed with these pink paintbrush right now.  I don't think I've ever seen them before this year, but I hope I keep finding them, because I love them!




6) Those of you that are on facebook may have already seen this, but I walked home for lunch this one day this week.  When I get to about 30 feet from my driveway, I saw a movement, which turned out to be a bear. It paused at the edge of the driveway (yep, my driveway) and after looking around a second, started walking across the street.   A second later the cutest little cub comes bursting out from behind the bushes to follow along.  I suppose somewhere in the back of my mind, I should have been mildly concerned about the closeness of the bear, but all I was concerned about was the fact that I didn't have my camera!


7) Okay, fine, I'm out of more to say, so here's another picture.


Have a great weekend, and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

4 comments:

  1. There was a baby bear in your driveway? SWOON! I know the mamas will eat your face off or whatever, but baby bears are SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CM, one of these days we're gonna hike the Grand Canyon and YOU are going to be the photographer. :) AMAZING PICTURES! Also, WHAT is the water??? What a season of blessing with so many babies! God's timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! And wowzaa, bears!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Bears! Oh my ... I would have been scared!
    Yes .. SO MANY wonderful babies! I keep meaning to track them all down, but I've lost count! LOL Such a blessing!
    And I love the pink flowers! :-) I'm not a "pink person" but I do love all the color nature provides so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete