Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 163)
I haven't been doing much hiking in the last few weeks, which feels odd, but sometimes it happens. I have, however, been getting out on some drives, and taking my camera with me.  Since I haven't posted many pictures recently, here we go for 7 Quick Pics:

1) Can you guess the name of this rock?

Elephant Rock
2) Love mountain passes!


3) Good morning!


4) I'm a sucker for columbine:



 5) And for whatever this is:


6) I'm also a huge fan of the ghost towns and mining history around here.

One of several ghost towns/historic townsites we visited.
 7) What's left of a train station, boarding house, and telegraph office on alpine, mining train. The telegraph office was about all that was standing, but it was cool. You could walk in and still see the telegraph wires.


Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes.
Happy Friday, and have a great weekend!






6 comments:

  1. Oh, these pictures make me homesick for the mountains! I just had a Heidi moment looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It makes me want ot head out on a few drives myself. What glorious pictures of the mountain passes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! I think #5 is sticky Geranium if I'm remembering my wildflowers correctly from last season?? Look it up...see if it matches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures all make me really happy. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have amazing pictures!!! I could totally tell it was an "elephant rock."
    Also ... the ghost towns are impeccable ... at least what I can tell from a photo ... even the paint looks good on the buildings.

    ReplyDelete