1) So far, no bears this week. Just a coyote in the front yard and a deer in the back yard. But I start these early in the week (because I can only do about 2 per day, so I need an early start to come up with close to 7 things to say.) Where was I? Oh, yeah. Still early in the week as I write this first take, so there's still a chance. But I'll take coyotes and bears and deer outside over scorpions inside! Who am I kidding? As long as I don't have any mountain lion encounters, I love living in a place that's not entirely tame.
2) So I went for a hair cut last week. It was desperately needed, despite the fact that I only went my normal interval between cuts. Now, I choose to go to a place that's a little pricier. I like my hair done a certain way, and I get a little scared of some of the available places. So far this has worked pretty well for me, but my normal stylist was out on maternity leave. So I get this other chick. Who apparently has all kinds of experience and whatnot. And I got a horrible cut. You see, hairstylists don't really like what I do to my hair (actually, they just detest the lack of what I do.) They want me to use all kinds of product and spend full minutes of my time doing my hair in the morning! Not just 5 minutes, either. More like 20! And they want me to do more interesting things with my part. And they want my bangs to be longer than I like them. All of this is good to a point, because when my hair is done their way, it does look better. But I'm being real, folks. More than 5 minutes on styling just ain't happening. She cut it perfectly for the way that she styled it. It's a horrible cut for the way I style it.
3) I was amused by the fact that she spent a LOONNGGG time getting it just so. That was nice of her, but it was a waste of her time and mine. An hour or so later, I was out climbing, and all the product in the world will not save you from helmet hair. It looked even more fantastic after it rained us out and we walked the .25-.5 miles back to the car in the pouring rain. This is why I don't waste my time, people!
4) The other day I went into work and overheard one of the other therapists reworking their schedule to fit in jury duty. I thought to myself, "Hmm, I haven't had a jury summons since I was in college and was unable to go in." Anyone want to guess what was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home?
5) I just started watching "The Big Bang Theory". My sisters reference it a lot, and I was tired of not knowing what they were talking about. I'm not usually a fan of sitcoms, but this one really does make me laugh. There's still a lot of the sitcom stupidity that I detest, but I barely notice because I'm too busy laughing at Sheldon! I'm only part way through the first season, but I'm really enjoying it.
6) I decided that I am going to try to go mostly vegetarian for the next 4-6 weeks; and I'm even going to cut out most dairy. I will still be eating eggs, however. I feel like I've been slacking on eating vegetables again, and I just feel like I get a more balanced diet when I do the vegetarian thing. I actually enjoy vegetables in most of those dishes! I know, I know. You're all completely blown away and overstimulated by these fantastically interesting Quick Takes.
|This is from my hike 2 weeks ago (just like the pics from last week). Love that hike! Wish I was still there!|
Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!