Monday, June 18, 2012

Fortnight for Freedom

I have to say something about the Fortnight for Freedom.  I think it's an awesome idea, although, "fortnight"? Really?  Anyway, despite the name, I like the idea.  One thing that wasn't mentioned at Mass the other day when they brought it up was the number of feast days during this 2 week period, including St. John the Baptist, St. John Fisher, and St. Thomas More. I think that's awesome, and I think it's awesome that it ends on July 4th.

The bishops mention things like prayer, fasting, going to daily Mass, etc. I plan on doing a lot of those things, but I got another one that they didn't mention. Blogging. Oh, yeah. I know how to pull out the big spiritual guns. (Is there something like spiritual guns? That actually seems like a bad thing.  Never mind, then, but I think you can see what I'm trying to get at!)

Just to get you started, here are some links to what other awesome bloggers have already had to say since this whole HHS mandate really came out.

What I Refuse to Believe (I just picked the most recent, but there's a lot of good stuff there!)

"We Are the 98%", both here and here.

One of my favorites, Breaking News.

There are many more good ones, but for my limited time this morning, that is a start. More to come starting later this week!

2 comments:

  1. I think "big spiritual guns" is totally appropriate. :)

    Love the idea of adding blogging to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm excited about this! And those are definitely all good posts!

    ReplyDelete