Monday, March 5, 2012

Praying for You

Those are easy words to say, and I say or type them a lot.  But I try to make sure that they are true.  In trying to make them more true, I'm writing down my prayer intentions as I go so that I can say them specifically during Evening prayer, if not also Morning prayer.

This Lent, I decided to take a little break from the blogging prayer buddies (even though I love it and fully intend to participate the next time). That doesn't mean that I am without a prayer buddy and it doesn't mean that I am not praying specifically for anyone.

I may have mentioned that I feel like I'm in the middle of a baby boom right now among friends. Which is awesome. And sometimes tough.  And there was yet another announcement today. And suddenly the fear is back that I will never get a turn. And there's fear about the next time I see them all together.  It will be fantastic, but I'm also scared, because I've been in those gatherings before where it has hurt like a... Well, we won't go there. It's Lent and I'd better watch my language.

So I'm offering it up right now for everyone that I know that's been struggling with IF, or wants to get married and have kids but is waiting for singleness.  Babies are awesome, and I'm praying that this baby boom spreads like crazy!  (Okay, but singles, I'm praying you meet someone and get married first.) I'm praying for you, and I mean that. I am taking names, I am writing you down, and I am going to literally carry you all (okay, at least your names and intentions) up the hill with me tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Prayer is so very powerful. You are in mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started writing down my prayer intentions as well. So many bloggers and/or friends will particularly come to mind and it is often because of a specific struggle I may or may not be aware of. It is amazing how the Holy Spirit can guide us sometimes in our prayer lives. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a list on my phone of people's intentions to pray for. I usually write them down after reading their post. For me the phone is so handy ... in church, waiting in line, at night ... they are all there. Although people might wonder why I'm pulling out my phone in church ..... :-)
    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you specified WHO you are hoping the baby boom spreads to!!! ;)

    Thanks for the prayers!! Just know, they are not one sided!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've been bad about commenting lately, but I've been reading. I also wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope that doesn't sound too strange! ;) I know our situations are very different in some ways, but I can relate to so much of what you are going through. Just want you to know I'm praying for you often.

    ReplyDelete