Friday, February 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--1--
Oh, dang.  I am one of those bloggers now.  Those bloggers for whom an experience is not complete unless it's been blogged about. Yes, friends, I am the one that gives a bad name to bloggers.  The one that makes non-bloggers wonder why we just can't live life without hitting the publish button every so often. Yep. I am that person.  But, seriously! My trip to the art museum won't be complete until I tell you all about it! It may even take a couple of posts.

--2--
It's snowing right now.  I love it! I used to hate the snow, but it used to turn my commute into a headache and cancel outings with friends.  Now I don't really commute, and new snow is an excuse to get out to play with friends. (Yes, I am 31 going on 8.)

--3--
So. Does anyone know how to change your blog screen name? When I signed up, I was lazy and just used initials. It was fine then, because who even knew if anyone would read my blog? Besides, they're just letters. Now I would love to change it to the written out "Catholic Mutt". It turns out that some people do read my blog, and I have gotten to "meet" a lot of people in the infertile community. I can't even tell you how much I hate leaving that first comment on a new blog and have them wonder who the heck has such unfortunate initials.  Maybe this doesn't mean much to some of you, but my initials happen also be an often used abbreviation on such blogs.  Let's please not discuss what it stands for!

--4--
I don't know if I have a lot to say or nothing to say about the HHS mandate.  I'm so angry about it, and sad by it, and so many things.  Argh! That's about all the eloquence I can muster on the subject so far.

--5--
I was reading a blog a couple weeks ago. It was fairly new to me, so I didn't say anything when I noticed a certain typo. (Seriously, I try to never mention typos/grammatical errors because if I started, I'm not sure where I would stop! People would have to start shunning me in blogland.  That or start pointing out all my own errors, of which there are plenty.  Although, do please learn the difference between phase and faze. Also peak and pique.  Thanks so much!) However, this one amused me.  Someone was talking about a new breakfast item that filled them up until lunch. Only what they said was "it feels me up all morning."  Too funny! 

--6--
I am aware that I have an unfinished series on the Mass going.  I will finish it eventually, I promise!  I have a lot more to say, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

--7--
It's Super Bowl weekend!  If I watch the game, it'll be the first one I watched all season.  I don't care a lot who wins, but I admit that I'd prefer to see the Giants win just because the Pats have won it too many times in the recent years.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. #3 - LOL...I wondered if you'd made the connection (assumed you'd had, but wasn't willing to be the one to bring it up - ha!)...I do know how to change it :) - From your main blogger page (blogger dashboard), in the upper right hand corner you'll see your name picture and a down arrow, click the down arrow and select "blogger profile". In the new window, click "edit profile" in the upper right hand corner, then next to display name, you can change CM to "Catholic Mutt" :).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I couldn't figure out the "CM" issue until I read Rebecca's comment. CM is a bad term anyway, it should be CF. ;-D But I'm still glad that you're changing to Catholic Mutt because longer names are better, right?

    And the thing with typos is that it doesn't matter how much you know the difference between words if your not willing to spend the time to proofread. And even when I do proofread I still miss oh-so-many typos.

    Also, I wrote "your" rather than "you're" just to drive you crazy. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was all, C.M. ... infertility community... wha..? OH RIGHT THAT!
    I honestly never thought of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got your initials after checking out your blog. They made sense, don't worry. :-)
    We're getting snow here as well, but I hope its not alot. I hate to shovel and our snowblower doesn't work. Usually we're pretty lucky about NOT having to shovel.
    I can't wait to see your pics and hear about your experience at the art museum. I expect some AMAZING photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly never made the connection in all this time I have been reading your blog, but now that you say something, it is kind of funny! I love reading what you write...sorry I am not that great about commenting more, but I will try to do better! Yes, I want to see pictures of the art museum trip and feel free to contact me about grammar errors - I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete